News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Traditions

Started by alanrotoi, January 29, 2022, 09:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

The 29th day of every month we eat ñoqui (gnocchi). They are a varied family of dumpling in Italian cuisine. They are made of small lumps of dough composed of semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg,cheese, potato, breadcrumbs, cornmeal or similar ingredients, and possibly including herbs, vegetables, and other ingredients.

It is an old tradition here in Argentina at least in Buenos Aires area since ages.

Do you have some traditions like this in your country/region/town?

Cas

I did have my gnocchi ("ñoquis") today!  Faithful to it!  :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Very good! ;D Oh and I forgot that you must put money under the plate to attract wealth or abundance.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I ate gnocchi 1-2 weeks ago. It was the side-dish for our home made venison stew (Hungarian style) with juniper berries and red wine. (See https://hungarytoday.hu/venison-stew-recipe-hungarian-food-porkolt-christmas/ )

If I have time, I'll post some date-related Hungarian food traditions along with some own date-related habits in the next days/weeks.
Chürműű! :-)

283.87 km

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 29, 2022, 09:45:58 PM
The 29th day of every month we eat ñoqui (gnocchi). They are a varied family of dumpling in Italian cuisine. They are made of small lumps of dough composed of semolina, ordinary wheat flour, egg,cheese, potato, breadcrumbs, cornmeal or similar ingredients, and possibly including herbs, vegetables, and other ingredients.

It is an old tradition here in Argentina at least in Buenos Aires area since ages.

Do you have some traditions like this in your country/region/town?


nhoque in brazilian portuguese. The sound is always the same.

Cas

Is it also popular over there?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on January 30, 2022, 08:17:50 PM
I ate gnocchi 1-2 weeks ago. It was the side-dish for our home made venison stew (Hungarian style) with juniper berries and red wine. (See https://hungarytoday.hu/venison-stew-recipe-hungarian-food-porkolt-christmas/ )

If I have time, I'll post some date-related Hungarian food traditions along with some own date-related habits in the next days/weeks.

Like chili beans in... ? ;D


Cas

Wow!  I wonder how that started. Italians don't have that, so it must have begun in South America. Dreadnaut, please confirm, ha, ha!  But I'm pretty sure they don't
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on February 01, 2022, 07:44:19 PM
Wow!  I wonder how that started. Italians don't have that, so it must have begun in South America. Dreadnaut, please confirm, ha, ha!  But I'm pretty sure they don't

Nope, nothing at the end of January in Italy, at least that I know of. I'll make some potato and chickpea flour gnocchi tonight though!

alanrotoi

It's every 29th here :D

I think the south of Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina has more or less the same traditions. Well, Maybe Paraná state doesn't count as "south Brazil".

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 01, 2022, 10:03:50 PM
It's every 29th here :D

I think the south of Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina has more or less the same traditions. Well, Maybe Paraná state doesn't count as "south Brazil".


Paraná is a southern brazilian state, but this tradition exists in São Paulo too. Maybe can be a Veneto tradition or just a mix with another places.

Cas

We should ask to people from Uruguay and Paraguay and see if it gets to them!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

According to Stunts Wiki, there were 4 Uruguayan pipsqueaks in 4dsl (and maybe in the whole history of online stunts competitions): Mastertrico, JeKe, Sultan, Gonchuki. We could ask them.
About Paraguayans, no races from there participated.


PS: Funny to take reference something I wrote :D

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 08, 2022, 02:35:30 AM
According to Stunts Wiki, there were 4 Uruguayan pipsqueaks in 4dsl (and maybe in the whole history of online stunts competitions): Mastertrico, JeKe, Sultan, Gonchuki. We could ask them.
About Paraguayans, no races from there participated.


PS: Funny to take reference something I wrote :D


Maybe someday:


- Yo soy paraguayo y vení acá para competir
- Para qué?
- Paraguayo!