News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

JACStunts Championship

Started by Duplode, March 23, 2008, 03:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on July 09, 2008, 10:48:09 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 09, 2008, 09:58:51 PM
If I have to be sincer, I sent a replay (igornsdm.at.gmail.com) for Round 9 two days before the deadline (that is 2 days before 30/6/2008)...  ::)   Attached here you can find the replay... (and I have a video too...)

Oh, that's too bad! :-[ The killer blow in your issue was that 30/6 was not the deadline for round 9, but for Round 10 instead (this Monday we finished Round 11, so Round 10 ran until 30/6 and Round 9 ended a week before...). Also, Igor (the manager) was extremely busy on the Round 10 week, so we hardly saw him at the Orkut forum until Tuesday night (and we only saw the results by Wednesday, some 48 hour late). That might explain why your mail went by unnoticed...

Thanks Duplode for your explanation... But this means that what was written in JacStunts site (see attached image) was wrong...

Quote from: Duplode on July 09, 2008, 10:48:09 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 09, 2008, 09:58:51 PM
It's a pity, I wanted to try to succeed to stay in 1st division (arriving 1st or 2nd in all last rounds), but by now...   :(

I feel (in a completely unofficial position) the relegation issue is not 100% set, and your issue motivates me to push the argument (for dynamic relegation or no relegation) further. (and with it goes my hope you'd reconsider joining for the last few rounds...)

Thanks again, let's see what will happen...  :)   Anyway, could you tell me who won Round 9 and the winner's time? If my time was not enough to stay in 1st or 2nd place, and the divide between 1st and 2nd division will happen, this would be a consolation...  ::)
Beside this, I have only 5 days to race before my "short" (10 days) holydays. Could you tell me current round dates? Thanks!

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on July 13, 2008, 07:10:34 AM
Thanks Duplode for your explanation... But this means that what was written in JacStunts site (see attached image) was wrong...

Yes, indeed it was - site updates have lagged behind a bit lately. Sorry on behalf of the management folks...

Anyway, could you tell me who won Round 9 and the winner's time? If my time was not enough to stay in 1st or 2nd place, and the divide between 1st and 2nd division will happen, this would be a consolation...  ::)

Well, I was second with 2:18.20 (on a pretty light racing schedule though), and Felipe won with 2:16.85. Thus, with 2:13.10 you would win by a rather large margin... :o

Beside this, I have only 5 days to race before my "short" (10 days) holydays. Could you tell me current round dates? Thanks!

Sure! :) Round 12 (LM002) ends Monday/tomorrow, Round 13 (P962) ends the other Monday (21/7) and the final one, Round 14 (Carrera), will finish a week later (28/7). All deadlines are set at noon GMT-3.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on July 13, 2008, 08:21:36 AM

Yes, indeed it was - site updates have lagged behind a bit lately. Sorry on behalf of the management folks...

Anyway, could you tell me who won Round 9 and the winner's time? If my time was not enough to stay in 1st or 2nd place, and the divide between 1st and 2nd division will happen, this would be a consolation...  ::)

Well, I was second with 2:18.20 (on a pretty light racing schedule though), and Felipe won with 2:16.85. Thus, with 2:13.10 you would win by a rather large margin... :o

I don't know if I have to be happy or not...   OK, I think that, in order of a right Stunts spirit, I should be quite happy...  ;)
Anyway, a thing is sure: contest manager must be very busy, because I didn't receive any acknowledgment about my happy mail with my replay...  ::)

Quote from: Duplode on July 13, 2008, 08:21:36 AM

Sure! :) Round 12 (LM002) ends Monday/tomorrow, Round 13 (P962) ends the other Monday (21/7) and the final one, Round 14 (Carrera), will finish a week later (28/7). All deadlines are set at noon GMT-3.

Well, let's see what I can do...  ;)

Duplode

I cheerfully announce JACStunts Season 3, after fourteen pretty good races, sucessfully finished a week ago as originally planned... :) The website is not fully updated as of now, but at least you can see the final standings and replays from the first eight tracks by visiting http://jacstunts.ueuo.com/classif.html (In case anybody wishes to see the remaining replays I can provide public links). As of now, we're into a pre-season break, on which rules will be debated and tracks will be designed. One thing is sure: the contest will remain a "classic style" ISA/NoRH competition, using all cars. The major proposed change, however, is the introduction of divisions, promotion and relegation; however its viability depends on the number of regular active pipsqueaks (the more, the merrier! ;)), and also the mechanisms are still under discussion, so it might not turn out to be a static-divisions championship, but maybe rather alike a Dual League (!) system.

Anyway, racing is expected to resume by August 18th. Up to then, all of you are invited to manifest your intent of taking part of Season 4, joining the Orkut community (links provided in the opening topic, and posts in English are welcome... :)) or even creating tracks for the new season (any car is acceptable, and long tracks are not frowned upon). Hope to see you around there... ;)

Duplode

First of all, I have to let you know the contest is still alive and well, even if the launch date for the new season keeps getting delayed... :) As of now, however, there's reasonable intent to finally get it rolling from September 8, as the number of ready tracks and confirmed pipsqueaks is reaching acceptable levels (speaking of pipsqueaks, not only Krys but Mark as well sent his application... :)). Moreover, two very significant rule changes are defined:

• There will be no separate divisions on this season, as the number of pipsqueaks simply won't be enough for a functional system.
  • Races will be two-week long, to make it easier for drivers to find time to race.
That could make it easier for a lot of people to take part in it... so, feel free to announce your interest to take part of the contest  ;) When the track list gets ready, I'll make a season-opening post with all the basic info.

Krys TOFF

Thanks for the reminder Duplode. I didn't checked the orkut forum since more than a week now.

Duplode

Well, after many false starts JACStunts season 4 is finally about to get underway. Although the site update is still to be done/finished, track and rule sets are virtually complete, thus there are conditions to start the racing from Monday, September 22nd on. The changes mentioned on my last post (single division for the season and bi-weekly races) are indeed in effect; and the season will be "only" eight races long (so the championship duration remains more or less constant). More details to follow later, when the track order gets defined (randomly) at some point during the weekend... and again, all are invited for a shot there! ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on September 20, 2008, 03:17:53 AM
Well, after many false starts JACStunts season 4 is finally about to get underway. Although the site update is still to be done/finished, track and rule sets are virtually complete, thus there are conditions to start the racing from Monday, September 22nd on. ....  More details to follow later, when the track order gets defined (randomly) at some point during the weekend... and again, all are invited for a shot there! ;)

A new delay... isn't it...?  :-\
I want to race in NORH mode!  ;)

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on September 25, 2008, 11:33:18 PM
A new delay... isn't it...?  :-\
I want to race in NORH mode!  ;)

Me too... :-\ Other than the site update, pretty much everything is ready to go - all we need is Diego to finish the update (or at least confirm his intention to do it soon) and Igor to say the final word on track order and declare the contest officially open. Rudah and me are getting quite anxious already - this process of shared management decisions sometimes gets jammed up quite badly. Anyway, I think there's no reason not to start from next week, but still... ::)

Duplode

As announced in private to Krys and Mark a few hours ago, JACStunts Season 4 is now officialy open officially started  8). On this post, I'll summarize basic info:

1. Season calendar

Número de pistas (number of tracks): 8
Duração estimada do campeonato (Estimated duration of the championship): Aproximadamente 4 meses (Approximately 4 months)

Ordem das pistas (tracks' order):
Pistas de primavera (Spring Tracks):
Pista 1: #5 - Sunrise (29/09 - 13/10) - Jaguar
Pista 2: #8 - Audi (13/10 - 27/10) - Audi
Pista 3: #6 - Rudah4 (27/10 - 10/11) - GTO
Pista 4: #2 - Curvilinea (10/11 - 24/11) - Lancia
Pista 5: #3 - Cobra Doida (24/11 - 08/12) - Indy
Pista 6: #1 - Andhra (08/12 - 22/12) - Corvette

Pistas de verão (Summer Tracks):
Pista 7: #7 - E4 (22/12 - 05/01) - Carrera
Pista 8: #4 - Road America (05/01 - 19/01) - P962

Just take into account races start at midnight Sunday to Monday and end at Monday noon (so consecutive races have a 12-hour overlap).

2. Track pack

The site is not fully updated yet, so the new tracks aren't there yet. Get all eight tracks from this link instead: http://www.4shared.com/file/64989824/32e50d41/Pistas_Stunts_-_Temporada_4.html
Notice, however, that Track 3 (the very long GTO one) will suffer modifications and be re-uploaded as soon as possible.

3. Rules

An overhauled ruleset in English is available at http://jacstunts.ueuo.com/faq.html . This time the Portuguese ruleset was translated directly from the English original, so there are (almost) no risks for misunderstandings.

4. Site and Forums

The site is still on http://jacstunts.ueuo.com, but it is not fully updated yet - I'll tell you when it gets finished. The Orkut community is still active on http://www.orkut.com.br/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=48945546 , but now we also have a much better and more convenient bilingual forum being set up at http://jacstunts.gooforum.com/index.htm . Visit us there, it's much easier now  ;)

5. Updates

Results will be posted at both forums and on the site too. Additionally, I plan to publish them here too, to make this topic a bit busier  :)

That's it, any further developments will be reported here. Everyone is invited, show up and race! ;)

PS.: Zak, could you please change the Portal data to report races are bi-weekly now? Thanks in advance.

Duplode

Round 1 results:

1º Mark L. Rivers - 1:45.70 - +10*
Felipe NEMESIS - 1:45.70 - +10*
3º Daniel DUPLODE - 1:48.50 - +6
4º Marcelo THYASROCK - 1:59.05 - +5

*Drawn pipsqueaks (!!)

Edit: Stupid me, I deleted the old post instead of adding a new reply...

Duplode

Here are results for the second round:

1º Mark L. Rivers - 2:18.20 - +10
2º Daniel DUPLODE - 2:19.25 - +8
3º Felipe NEMESIS - 2:19.55 - +6
4º Krys TOFF - 2:22.70 - +5
5º Rudah FLASH DRIVER - 2:26.85* - +4
6º Marcelo THYASROCK - 2:40.45* - +3

*Late replays sent within 12-hour tolerance

Current Standings:
1º Mark L. Rivers - 20
2º Felipe NEMESIS - 16
3º Daniel DUPLODE - 14
4º Marcelo THYASROCK - 8
5º Krys TOFF - 5
6º Rudah FLASH DRIVER - 4

Another tight race, in which Mark starts to build up a lead... Round 3, the GTO one, is already on. Just beware the track was updated from the version originally released on the track pack, so you should drive your lap on this one: http://www.badongo.com/file/11580111 . Happy racing!

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeRound 3, the GTO one, is already on. Just beware the track was updated from the version originally released on the track pack, so you should drive your lap on this one: http://www.badongo.com/file/11580111
Well, it seems the guys all forget to verify their tracks before proposing them...

Mark L. Rivers

As I wrote in JacStunts forum:

Very tight race! Congratulations to Duplode and Felipe NEMESIS for their podium and also to Krys TOFF for his very fast time: it's a pleasure to see you, Krys, so near to the fastest time, at last!  :)

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on October 29, 2008, 03:26:12 PM
Well, it seems the guys all forget to verify their tracks before proposing them...

Actually this time the issue was raised a long time ago, before the start of the season (the original track was 4+ minutes of almost pure cornering), and the change was already decided - only the track pack file was not changed...