News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sports 2008-

Started by CTG, April 20, 2008, 11:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Aaaand a surprising silver medal for Denmark in two-man 1000m kayak! The Hungarians were leading but then completely lost it in the end...

So, medal count: 2-2-3. Better than expected, and still better than Hungary on the medal table :) But probably not for long. No more medals seem to be possible for Denmark.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Lena Schöneborn, modern pentathlon, Germany... Nice! ;)

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on August 22, 2008, 02:04:51 PM
Aaaand a surprising silver medal for Denmark in two-man 1000m kayak! The Hungarians were leading but then completely lost it in the end...

So, medal count: 2-2-3. Better than expected, and still better than Hungary on the medal table :) But probably not for long. No more medals seem to be possible for Denmark.

Kammerer and Kucsera had kamikaze tactics - it did not work... :-\ Our medal chances: one or two gold medals tomorrow in female kayak (K-1, K-2), maybe some silver and bronze medals too. And our male water polo team is at least silver medalist - we couldn't beat Serbia in the last 4 years but that last victory was in the final of Athens 2004... ;)

CTG

Wow, nice start from Iceland in the male handball semi-final! 5-0 versus Spain at the moment!  :o

Chulk

2 more bronze medals for us. Yesterday, Espinola-Lange won theirs in Yatching (Tornado) and just an hour ago, Las Leonas (Female Hockey Team) beat Germany 3-1 for the bronze medal. In 2 hours, we'll face Dream Team (hopefully not today) for semi-finals (male Basketball)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on August 22, 2008, 02:37:44 PM
In 2 hours, we'll face Dream Team (hopefully not today) for semi-finals (male Basketball)

Let's hope Argentina can make the high and mighty "Dream Team" suck! ;)

CTG

WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Serbia - United States 5-10 in male water polo, USA is in the final. Yankees demolished the No 1. water polo team on Earth! Sapic, the best player ever just suffered - we could never switch him off from the game. I'm afraid of the final... :-\

Edit: Especially because refrees will help the USA - it's 100%

CTG

Argentina - United States 81–101 (11–30, 29–19, 24–29, 17–23); damn... :-\

Iceland is finalist in male handball, it's really a nice surprise. I hope to see them winning the gold.

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on August 22, 2008, 06:38:46 PM
Argentina - United States 81–101 (11–30, 29–19, 24–29, 17–23); damn... :-\
Really damn! That 1st quarter after Ginobili's injury really left us out of the game. Even after our look-like coming back in 2nd quarter, we couldn't keep up with them as we didn't have our starting SG (Ginobili) and our starting SF (Nocioni) was injured and didn't know if he was playing until the very last minute.
Anyway, still the thightest game in Olympics for USA, with 'only' 20 points advantage.
Tonight, football final. Sunday, at 14hs (Beijing time, I guess GMT-8), Basketball Bronze medal match against Lithuania (hoping the game to be different from the one in groups fase)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGIceland is finalist in male handball, it's really a nice surprise. I hope to see them winning the gold.
No way ! Go France, go ! Let's catch this 6th gold medal !!! 8)
We may get another gold medal tomorrow too with boxing : one guy is finalist (don't ask me his name nor the weight concerned, I don't know).

CTG

Still left...

Good case: 3 golden medals (and a bronze) in kayak-canoe, 1 in water polo.

Expected: 1 golden medal (1 silver and 1 bronze) in kayak-canoe, 1 in water polo.

Worst case: only silver/bronze medals in kayak-canoe, silver in water polo.

alanrotoi

Gold medal for Arg in football! wheeee!

Krys TOFF

Well done Argentina : football revenge of 1996. ;-)

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 22, 2008, 10:46:47 PM
Quote from: CTGIceland is finalist in male handball, it's really a nice surprise. I hope to see them winning the gold.
No way ! Go France, go ! Let's catch this 6th gold medal !!! 8)
We may get another gold medal tomorrow too with boxing : one guy is finalist (don't ask me his name nor the weight concerned, I don't know).
I forgot that cross bicycle was not done when I posted. done this morning with, of course, J. Absalon winner. 2nd gold medal for him after Athens in 2004. :)

Boxing : the French guy lost today versus the boxer of Ukraine. But there's another French in final for boxing who will play tomorrow. Still 2 more medals planned (boxing and male handball). I hope they will be both in gold and not in silver, especially in men handball. ;)

Krys TOFF

Silver medal in boxing (who cares ?) but GOLD MEDAL in men handball versus Iceland. Hell yeah !

Women handball got 5th place. Too bad they got a bad start in the tournament and had to play versus Russia in quarter-finals (lost by 1 point only after 2 extended time, reminds me of defeat versus Germany in last world championship semi-final :-\). Else they could have had a potential medal too.

Finally, France got 10th place with 40 medals (7 gold, 16 silver and 17 bronze), more medals than South Korea, Japan and Italy who are ranked before us because they have more gold.

USA still got the most amount of medal (110) but are now only 2nd behind very strong China. I think China will now remain on top of ranking for a long time, just like USA were until now and USSR before too. A new era starts with China leadership in Olympics.
BUT if we count European Union as 1 country (including Romania and Bulgaria recently enlisted but without candidates not yet accepted), we are the winners with 86 gold medals !!! ;D

BonzaiJoe

Krys: your signature is really old, and it can only be understood if you know Alain :)
But we can't be quite sure.