News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT87 - Stripped

Started by zaqrack, August 27, 2008, 02:36:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

A track by Mark L. Rivers. :) Soon!

CTG

Brrrr, the usual 'put additional elements next to the road to make the car jump or lose less speed' - not very traditional spirit of Stunts. I don't really like it, that was one of the reasons for me why to leave SDR...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from topic: "Re: ZCT38 - Evil Twins"

Quote from: CTG on April 29, 2004, 12:06:25 AM
I hate most of the ZCT tracks. Zak is a good competition manager, moderator, etc. but he's terrible in track designing... 

You don't like tracks designed by Zak, you don't like boring tracks (as you defined Z86, but, sure, Zak designed it...), you don't like additional elements next to the road, you don't like...
It seems that the tracks you like more than other ones are USC tracks. Maybe that's the reason because you obtained there the best results of your career... (Oh yes... you won ZakStunts contest last year, but, as I already said in the past, there were not strong regular opponents, so...)

Coming back to Z87, I started tomorrow a new topic with the name of the track, and a short description about the race that drivers (CTG excluded) have to expect...  ;)

CTG

Then check the tracks I really liked: most of them was designed by Krys Toff and Akoss Poo. :P (usually I don't really like my own tracks because they are almost always designed for my driving style: fast LEFT corners, many other fast elements, some rare planned shortcuts, etc.)

Mark L. Rivers

Maybe you have not read carefully what I wrote... I didn't say that "the tracks you like more than other ones are your tracks" but: "the tracks you like more than other ones are USC tracks"... A thin distinction but not so difficult to get...

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on August 28, 2008, 03:55:55 PM

Maybe you have not read carefully what I wrote... I didn't say that "the tracks you like more than other ones are your tracks" but: "the tracks you like more than other ones are USC tracks"... A thin distinction but not so difficult to get...

I got it but maybe you have heard about some competitions managed by Krys (WRC, IMSA) and Akoss (ACT, winner of two TDC)... :P

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Mark L. Riversyou won ZakStunts contest last year, but, as I already said in the past, there were not strong regular opponents, so...
Most of all, there was some crazy weird rules invented by Zak and I. Only a pipsqueak with damaged (Inc ?) brain could win Z87. :D :D :D

CTG

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 28, 2008, 04:42:18 PM
Only a pipsqueak with damaged (Inc ?) brain could win Z87. :D :D :D

Or a time traveller... ;D :P

I guess you wanted to say Z78, the one with Audi. Well... I drove the most evident line without any crazy things. If you want to see mad driving lines on that track, watch the lap of L. Rivers.

Krys TOFF

Quote from: CTGI guess you wanted to say Z78, the one with Audi. Well... I drove the most evident line without any crazy things. If you want to see mad driving lines on that track, watch the lap of L. Rivers.
Ooops, mistyped. I wanted to say ZakStunts 2007 and not Z87. :D

Duplode

Just to add my two cents on this completely subjective discussion... I think one of my first realizations after starting to race on competitions (in fact, during my very first race at Kalpen) was:

Quote from: Duplode on May 04, 2007, 02:25:28 AM
Shortcuts need not to destroy a track, they can simply recreate it!

From a track designer perspective, that implies the only mandatory role of the closed road path is to trick the penalty system so it is possible to finish the lap. Whether the designer wishes to make a semi-IRC course (like most of my good tracks are, BTW) or replace all of the fast chicanes by sideramp/hairpin combos is a matter of taste and style (that's the one of the reasons I called the discussion subjective).

Anyway, it's a public fact I enjoyed a lot most SDR (and post-SDR) tracks by Mark, so I'm curious already... :)

Quote from: CTG on August 28, 2008, 04:45:07 PM
I guess you wanted to say Z78, the one with Audi. Well... I drove the most evident line without any crazy things. If you want to see mad driving lines on that track, watch the lap of L. Rivers.

No, you guys are still confused, as the crazy Audi track from Krys was Z77 :D Z78 was the multi-choice Jaguar one...

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on August 29, 2008, 03:19:41 AM
Quote from: CTG on August 28, 2008, 04:45:07 PM

No, you guys are still confused, as the crazy Audi track from Krys was Z77 :D Z78 was the multi-choice Jaguar one...

Oh LOL, you are right... :D

Mark L. Rivers

For the first time I have the honour to design a track for a ZakStunts race. :)
I did my best to realize a very good track indeed, and I'm quite satisfied about the result I obtained.

What kind of track will it be? Having to choose four adjectives (and turning "Modest Mode" off...  ;)), I would say: spectacular, original, funny and sure engaging. I always try to insert in my tracks some unhackneyed tracts and I think I succeeded in it even this time, above all thanks to two dazzling suggested shortcuts. But in ZCT87 the shortcuts have a dual goal. I tried, in fact, to realize a track that can permit a more balanced challenge for a higher number of cars than we have seen in last races, where slow cars with a very high bonus had not rivals. Well, I think that suggested shortcuts I have inserted, really can balance the things, because only the fastest car should be able to avail them... Let's see if the thing works... ;)

About the name, "Stripped", I'm prosecuting to entitle my tracks with the names of my favourite songs ever. And this time the name is suitable indeed, because, gentlemen, the challenge for all of us should be really, more than in the past, choosing the right car to reach the best result. And sure a hypothetical spectator could say...: come on, "let me see you stripped down to the bone", how you are able in it...  8)

PS
Due to a short holiday (1-10 September, Ireland) I won't be able to race until my return. So, when I'll turn on again my PC, I will be really curious to see what it will be happened until there...  :)

CTG

Don't forget: car bonuses will be renormalized after the current race! So it's an Indy track...

Well, the name of the track... it suggests a victory for Töff. ;D

BonzaiJoe

Wow, Mark! The title sounds like a victory for Cork's Crew. I'm looking forward to going into the trees, back to the lands, hopefully not laying on the grass too much, letting the hours pass, but definitely getting away from the other pipsqueaks, for more than just one day.
But we can't be quite sure.

Duplode

It does look promising, Mark... :) If it becomes a race car track indeed maybe I'd be more pleased with IMSA instead of Indy for a change, even if means I'll have trouble to find a good pace... well, we'll see!

Quote from: CTG on August 29, 2008, 06:54:32 PM
Don't forget: car bonuses will be renormalized after the current race! So it's an Indy track...

Nope, the renormalization will not change balance of cars, as all percentages will be lowered in a way so that equivalent laps on different cars remain equivalent after the recalculations.