News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Little Roads Mod Pack (needs programming, modelling done...)

Started by Grijze Pilion, June 04, 2012, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grijze Pilion

Hi there,

i made a little alteration to the roads, objects '& Co.'. Objects include:
A barn.
The start with lighting and a dissapearing net.
A modern-looking tunnel.

Pics:
A few attached.
Linky:
Attached.

Overdrijf

I haven't tested it yet (will do soon), but does this work in your stunts? I'dd expect the game to be thrown off by the double extention. Just the .3sh should work fine (as long as the original file is no longer in your stunts folder).

Although I'm not sure how that start would work, since the original start line is a static object.

And I can't find it now, but I believe someone did a very nice desert theme a few years ago, with brown "grass" and such, might be funny to have a look at.

Grijze Pilion

Duplode

I have just tried it here (after moving the original GAME1.P3S away and renaming your file to GAME1.3sh as Overdrijf suggested) and it loaded fine. At which moment do you get "Abnormal program termination"?

Overdrijf

I have tried it the same way as Duplode, saved your file as GAME1.3sh and removed the original one (put it in another map). On my copy of Stunts, that works. The tunnel looks really nice, though a bit buggy (custom cars often suffer from that too). Keep in mind though that the physical model is unaltered, for all driving purposes the rooftop is still flat.

The barn still looks red here, but all scenery objects (trees, buildings etc) appear much later than usual, when I've almost driven into them. I have no idea what could be causing this. Perhaps the file became too big (after all the original files are all in a compressed format) and Stunts decided that meant it had to be showing less scenery to run fluidly? Anyone else that has the same problem?

The starting line looks like the red "blocked" version, but only from behind. From the front it looks like a weird version of the normal start line, with semi-seethrough poles and sometimes a big red dot in the middle of the white banner.

But it works, so that's a good start, I hope you can get it to work for you too... Can you give us more details on what you do and when it gives that error?

As for your error message, I don't believe I've seen that one before, but then again I've never played arround with the GAME1 and GAME2 files.

Grijze Pilion

Quote from: Overdrijf on June 06, 2012, 06:44:04 PM
The tunnel looks really nice, though a bit buggy (custom cars often suffer from that too). Keep in mind though that the physical model is unaltered, for all driving purposes the rooftop is still flat.
Thanks!
The starting line looks like the red "blocked" version, but only from behind. From the front it looks like a weird version of the normal start line, with semi-seethrough poles and sometimes a big red dot in the middle of the white banner.
The poles probably are see-through because i discovered i was editing the low-res model, so i exported it to .obj, and imported it again.
Can you give us more details on what you do and when it gives that error?
Attached.

Grijze Pilion

Quote from: Duplode on June 06, 2012, 06:00:26 PM
At which moment do you get "Abnormal program termination"?
At my first step, the track menu.

Overdrijf

I've seen messages like that when selecting a not yet completely modified car. Also something about a sound not found.

I'm using an older version of Dosbox then you are, so that's not your problem.

If I had to guess what the message meant I'dd say you had used more polygons than allowed for one of your objects, or there's a 00 missing somewhere in the hex-code of the file, but that doesn't explain why it works fine for Duplode and me.

Are there any other works in progress in your stunts folder? Something basic about the game that could influence both this and your custom car?

You are running stunts 1.1, the cracked version?

Duplode

I think I can see where the problem is. That "Shape not found" message on opening the Track menu comes from missing low-res models for track objects. Since your GAME1.3sh is not missing anything (it works here and at Overdrijf's), the problem must be your GAME2.3sh . Check if it is named correctly, and post it here so that we can have a look at it.

The barn still looks red here [...]

The barn model is in GAME2, and not GAME1; that is why we haven't seen it yet.

[...] but all scenery objects (trees, buildings etc) appear much later than usual, when I've almost driven into them. I have no idea what could be causing this. Perhaps the file became too big (after all the original files are all in a compressed format) and Stunts decided that meant it had to be showing less scenery to run fluidly? Anyone else that has the same problem?

I didn't have problems of that sort here. One issue I noticed is that if you change the camera to F3 in the default position at the beginning of the lap the game freezes at 02.65s. No Idea on what causes that, either.

---

By the way, I like the new looks of the tunnels  :) I will comment about the 3D models themselves, too, but first let us get rid of the technical annoyances, so that we all see the same thing.

Edit: actually, the F3-cam issue above must be related to the z-bias and two-sidedness flags in Stressed. Details to follow later, I promise.