News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 04, 2010, 12:24:00 PM
Also, when will we have a competition track in Overdrijf's ghost kart?

Never? :D

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on April 04, 2010, 01:10:22 PM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on April 04, 2010, 12:24:00 PM
Also, when will we have a competition track in Overdrijf's ghost kart?

Never? :D

Uhh yeah, hi there again, I kind of lost track of the whole stunts community after I released that beta. Guess I'm not the kind of person that can do one thing for a long ammount of time. In fact our whole team sort of disappeared at the same time. I feel like a bit of stunts again though, in about a week (or two) I won't have a lot of better things to do, so I guess I should be finishing that project once and for all. Perhaps I could even drop in at the competition, something tells me my skills are rusty...

Nice to see there have been quite a lot of cars created since though, they look good.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Krys TOFF on February 23, 2009, 05:43:31 PM
Quote from: OverdrijfWould it work if you'dd make a 6-wheeled vehicle?
Hell yeah ! I want to play this famous Tyrrell F1 in Stunts !

Look what I found. :D

(By the way, the dasboard fo my own kart is starting to come along nicely, release should be soon.)

CTG

Overdrijf

(By the way, the dasboard fo my own kart is starting to come along nicely, release should be soon.)
Okay, that was a bit faster than I expected...

Overdrijf

Lol, I just ran out of vertices while modelling. I didn't know it had a hard boundary, but apparently you can only use 256 points.

dstien

Quote from: Overdrijf on August 23, 2010, 06:46:46 PMI didn't know it had a hard boundary, but apparently you can only use 256 points.
Yup, only a single byte is reserved for the vertex counter per shape. Same goes for the polygon and paint job counters. So on the bright side, you can theoretically make up to 256 paint jobs. :D

Overdrijf

Quote from: dstien on August 23, 2010, 08:07:31 PM
Quote from: Overdrijf on August 23, 2010, 06:46:46 PMI didn't know it had a hard boundary, but apparently you can only use 256 points.
Yup, only a single byte is reserved for the vertex counter per shape. Same goes for the polygon and paint job counters. So on the bright side, you can theoretically make up to 256 paint jobs. :D
That leaves me 150, I already have turtle-green, night watch-yellow, A-team-black, Saint Nicholas-red, Stig-white and Barbie-pink... ;)
Although I'm not sure I'll ever use that second one, I'm affraid it might break down again...

Duplode

Rough early-stage model of a BMW Series 8, done before I got lazy somewhere around mid-April...

CTG

Where's your BMW, Dup? :D

Grijze Pilion

Quote from: Overdrijf on February 18, 2009, 11:04:48 AM

Nah, i would prefer the '20's car in the background. Think about it - and imagine the 1920's jazz band song;

"Driving-in-my-caaaar...... At 95 miles!
Then we go to DEFAULT; juh-ump over the concretes!
And i lose my wiiiind-shieeld in-a-loop."

(Sorry for the failed attempt to create interest.)

CTG

What will happen if I try to make a vehicle which is larger than one square in the game? Getting only partial display?

Duplode

I'd bet on full display with strange display bugs  :D

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 11, 2012, 05:03:42 PM

Is it worth to change the truck to AN-225? ;D

CTG

Quote from: CTG on October 13, 2012, 01:17:36 AM
Quote from: Duplode on October 11, 2012, 05:03:42 PM

Is it worth to change the truck to AN-225? ;D

What's the upper limit for a single tile (as a vehicle)? 512 units?

Corvette is a bit more than 100 units long, that means 1 unit is about 5-6 cm. To make a realistic size airplane... ouch...

AN-225: ~1600 units
Boeing 767: ~1000 units
Boeing 737: ~600 units

If 512 is the limit, only a smaller Avro or Embraer would fit in the game. Cessna doesn't play. ;D