News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Shape ideas

Started by CTG, October 22, 2008, 06:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Boeing 747-8F with Cargolux paint

CTG

Duplode

Idea: what about substituting one of these planes for the truck at the start?  :D

Amazing screenshots, I can't get tired of looking at them!

CTG

With proper background...  :D

zaqrack

how???? :-O

by the way I am quite confident, we could set up the "car" parameters for the plane to actually fly. For a non-unlimited period of time and only after a proper takeoff, of course :D

Ever done a helicopter trick with a B-747? :)

zaqrack

and I would like to see 9/11 replayed in Stunts. Well, we only have 3-story buildings, but that does not matter :)

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on October 24, 2012, 05:38:40 AM
how???? :-O

Importing a custom PNG (City.pvs horizon file).

by the way I am quite confident, we could set up the "car" parameters for the plane to actually fly. For a non-unlimited period of time and only after a proper takeoff, of course :D

It sounds impossible for me, but I guess Duplode can suggest something.

Ever done a helicopter trick with a B-747? :)

If you change the 3D file of Acura to B-747 in the ZCT 55 replay... It would be fun.

Quote from: zaqrack on October 24, 2012, 05:41:41 AM
and I would like to see 9/11 replayed in Stunts. Well, we only have 3-story buildings, but that does not matter :)

Buildings can be modified in Stressed. If you think it over, almost everything can be customized in this game (vehicles, background, design of road elements, buildings; even the main title of the game - in my Stressed hacked Stunts, the car going around the DSI logo is JTK's microbus ;D).

CTG

by the way I am quite confident, we could set up the "car" parameters for the plane to actually fly

Kind of cheat, but looks like flying: hidden wheels, Y parameter of 3D shape polygons increased by 500. Even turning in air would be realistic if we use banked corners. ;D

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on October 11, 2012, 05:03:42 PM
I'd bet on full display with strange display bugs  :D

I've tried it by modifying the size of B-747 to the real value (+30%; ~1250 units). Number of display errors increased a bit (nose and wings disappear quite often), but I guess most of them can be fixed (my amateur solution: two-sided polygons...).

CTG

Duplode

Quote from: CTG on October 24, 2012, 07:59:33 AM

It sounds impossible for me, but I guess Duplode can suggest something.

As far as controllable flight goes, I don't see an obvious way. Increasing the physical length of the "car", as defined by the wheel coordinates, leads to longer airtime after a jump. It is hard, however, to use it in a convincing way, as beyond ~4x times the typical car length the physics get screwed up - instant crashes at the start line, etc.

P.S.: Floating 3D shape + banked corners is a very clever idea for faking screenshots though  ;D

P.P.S.: One silly thing I vaguely recall was manipulation of the surface data in GAME.RES leading to a bouncing track (i.e. spontaneous magic carpets of arbitrary height).   

CTG

Interest is a weird thing. One day you want to build as many airplanes as you can - on the next day you rather start to modify the track element's design (kind of useless, but cool result ;D)...

Chulk

Quote from: CTG on October 29, 2012, 04:35:38 PM
Interest is a weird thing. One day you want to build as many airplanes as you can - on the next day you rather start to modify the track element's design (kind of useless, but cool result ;D)...
I'll insist. What about having ice, paved road and dirt all look the same (using the same color for the 3 of them) and then race on track without knowing the surfaces coming next (not using track editor to check, or it would not be fun)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on October 29, 2012, 08:55:13 PM
Quote from: CTG on October 29, 2012, 04:35:38 PM
I'll insist. What about having ice, paved road and dirt all look the same (using the same color for the 3 of them) and then race on track without knowing the surfaces coming next (not using track editor to check, or it would not be fun)

Easy to solve. :)

CTG

Avro RJ85 on the football pitch...  :D