News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

New tough track: Max Speed

Started by latecomer, August 14, 2009, 11:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

latecomer

Hi guys !  ;) Nice to see you all here. I've made a new track in which you really have to "STUNT" your car. To complete it, you must know how to use "abnormal jumpers" with Porche March INDV at max. speed (245mph) throughout the track or else you'll have a hard time making it.

Features of the track:

1. There are THREE 'death' zones marked by boats in the map. Diverted road-signs on both sides indicate the beginning of the zone. The longest distance between two jumpers is FIVE blocks. A normal jump absolutely won't help. Think of creative ways to complete it.

Zone 1: Loop, 4-block gap & Open ground <---just a warm-up  ;D
 Zone 2: Loop, curved elevated road $ two 3-block gaps
 Zone 3: Banked road, jumper & one 5-block partial gap

2. Penalty time is usually unavoidable. The PAR penalty time for the the three death zones are as follows:
 Zone 1: 18 sec
 Zone 2: 18 sec
 Zone 3: 27 sec

My BEST penalty time for the three death zones:
 Zone 1: NIL
 Zone 2: 18 sec
 Zone 3: 9 sec

3. You should stay at your max. speed (245 mph) otherwise you'll have a hard time jumping through long gaps, unless you have other ways like "fly bug" to cross them.

4. My best time (excluding penalty) is 1:10:00. It's not very impressive but try beat it. I'll let you guys try first before showing how I stunted with a full replay.

HINTS:

1. Angles-of-jumping (both vertical & horizontal) is the key. Wrong angle of landing after a jump of over 50 feet in altitude will break your car. Hanging in the air for too long will waste you time while hanging too short will sink your car into water.
2. Familiar yourself with the death zones first. Use "Continue Playing" in a replay to help you practice or you'll probably be frustrated by DNFs. Don't think about the fastest time until you're sure how to complete it.
3. You should never stuck on icy corners if you are using the right way.
4.Do NOT land your car on a tennis court as the ground is much harder than grass and your car.
5. You MUST be an expert to ride on any banked roads at maxspeed (245 mph) or you won't make it.

** Slight amendment (2009/8/14): Converted the land tile into water tile below the landing bridge in zone 2, forcing you to jump with the loop.
** Slight amendment (2009/8/28): Removed the loop at the start of zone 3. The reason is that flying past its side somehow incurs more penalty than skipping everything by riding on the green outside the banked road. Plates of obstacles are used instead.

zaqrack

Fun track!

I did 1:09.85 with 0:36 penalty alltogether.

Mark L. Rivers

Session 8 minutes long:

Time: 1.12,65

Penalty Zone 1: 0 seconds
Penalty Zone 2: 18 sec
Penalty Zone 3: 0 seconds

And of course, welcome latecomer...

Chulk

I'll try it tonight, looks really fun!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

latecomer

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on August 14, 2009, 05:39:43 PM
Session 8 minutes long:

Time: 1.12,65

And of course, welcome latecomer...

Thank you all for your replies ! You all v. good players !

Zaq, your bridge-rim trick is marvellous ! I've never thought of that !

Mark, thx for ur stunning demonstration !! That's what Stunts is all about ! I could hardly imagine u could even save my 9 sec penalty in zone 3 !  ;D

Duplode

Excellent track! It makes me think of Trackmania. I tried it for a while, but my NoRH concentration is way off right now, so I'll try again later.

AbuRaf70

Session: 1 hora y  28 minutes long:

Time: 1.10,95

No se como se hace para adjuntar el RPL...  por favor, si alguien me puede indicar, lo agrego

Gracias
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

Duplode

AbuRaf: Bajo de lo cuadro de texto existe un link "Additional Options". Haga clic sobre él y verás la opción para adjuntar arquivos.

AbuRaf70

Gracias Duplode...

Aqui va mi replay...    Saludos
Por largo que sea el camino, siempre comienza con el primer paso.

latecomer

Quote from: Duplode on August 14, 2009, 07:57:14 PM
Excellent track! It makes me think of Trackmania. I tried it for a while, but my NoRH concentration is way off right now, so I'll try again later.

Thanks man !  ;D 

I'm thinking of making a maxspeed 2 track. Harder and more varieties.

Just wanna ask everyone here....how many of you managed to finish the track in one go and win a high score ? ::)

latecomer

Ah... I start to reckon what NoRH is. Keep up good work guys ! Yup that's important to this track as well would it be used for competitions....as there are so many death zones.

Overdrijf

Competition tracks are usually not unveiled before they are used as competition tracks...

latecomer

A sample replay has been added. I manage to complete 4 times in over 200 times of trial. The replay and highscore are uploaded in the first post of this thread. 1:49:00 isn't very hard to beat as I wasted 1 sec in the air near zone 1 and another 2 sec near the end of the track. The new zone 3 setup also makes penalty avoidance less easy.

Here are a couple of funny easter eggs occurred in this track during different trials:

OPPSCREW.RPL Comp opponent saw the danger of zone 1, tried to retreat from the loop but there was no escape for him.

HIGHEST.RPL  Crossed zone 1 - but well over the clouds and then hard-landing

STRUCK.RPL  A safe landing on an unsafe bridge in zone 2.

STRUCK2.RPL This is even more painful as the slice of the bridge lacks maintenance and sometimes cannot hold you car even after your normal jump.