News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

bypassing load.exe

Started by clvn, October 19, 2009, 08:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

divip

Quote from: zaqrack on March 17, 2015, 08:39:26 AM
Let me know if we can help with anything.

I have just made the emulator 2x faster, it is possible to reach the main menu in 13 seconds now.
Still not playable, but if I succeed with more optimization, then there is the always needed testing task; I have to know that I didn't go off the path and I am working with the same Stunts that you are playing with.

Quote from: zaqrack on March 17, 2015, 08:39:26 AM
Would your approach -once completed- possibly open the way for newly designed 3D track elements?

Yes, there is a high chance for that if my project will be successful!

divip

It's good that you and Duplode are interested in our project.

Quote from: dstien on March 17, 2015, 11:58:52 PM
llm was working on a similar approach with Fake86 in C, but time is unfortunately not a renewable resource.

One of my friends also suggested Fake86. Now I had a look at it again.

I appreciate it, definitely a good resource.

It is at least one magnitude larger codebase than my emulator, partially because I only support Stunts.

The emulator part of our project is almost complete now, only more speedup is needed.
I will use Fake86 as a reference in bug fixing. Currently there is one known bug in my emulator, in some circumstances it cannot find a file; I suspect some weird CPU flags handling behind this bug.

llm

FYI: i've developed a small tool that integrates the adlib sound-driver into the combined/cracked exe - so no dynamic code loading

latest version is attached a the end of this thread

http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=3019.15