News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Extreme competitions

Started by CTG, February 04, 2008, 01:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaqrack

if you leave long enough periods, then hopefully yes. (1 week / race is not enough for me)

Chulk

I'll participate (If invited of course!)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Let's say 2 weeks periods... :)

And yes, you will be invited Chulk! Everybody can take part in 'Human Factor' series. About BJ's crashing competition: it can be organized on the Forum too or with a ZSC subsite like TDC was.

Krys TOFF

BJ's crash idea reminds me of one idea submitted in Stunts part of the spanish-spoken Lukas' forum. It was without any success sadly. And I fear it will be the same here due to the lack of interest for "beauty" replays topic started a few years ago for example (and now in the "graveyard").

CTG

Another kind of short, but funny special event came in my mind, called Continents War. Brief introduction of the idea:

First, selection of 3-3 (or 4-4) drivers from Europe and South America with a qualification race. Then comes the main round with 3 races: all the Europeans should race versus all South Americans... Simple scoring: 1 point/victories. :) Of course there would be an individual scoreboard too, the winner will be the MVP of the tournament. :D

This one is a really simple concept but to make it absolutely clear for those who don't speak English:

Qualification - Europe

1   Roy Wiegerinck     1:04.55
2CAP1:05.00
3Doelloos1:08.20
4Tom Israels1:10.85
5Myron1:33.75
6Mingva1:34.90

Roy Wiegerinck, CAP and Doelloos qualified.

Qualification - South America

1   Tsino1:04.20
2Inavoeg1:05.80
3Juank 231:07.45
4Vamologocomisso     1:07.70
5Hek1:22.20
6Andre Geo1:30.80

Tsino, Inavoeg and Juank 23 qualified.

Main round

First race

Roy Wiegerinck     - Juank 231:22.80   - 1:24.95
CAP- Inavoeg   1:21.95- 1:22.00
Doelloos- Tsino1:25.40- 1:20.05

2-1 for Europe

Second race

Roy Wiegerinck     - Inavoeg   1:11.10   - 1:10.85
CAP- Tsino1:13.45- 1:10.90
Doelloos- Juank 231:15.40- 1:15.55

2-1 for South America, 3-3 in overall

Third race

Roy Wiegerinck     - Tsino1:07.80   - 1:08.35
CAP- Juank 231:11.75- 1:11.70
Doelloos- Inavoeg   1:14.60- 1:08.65

2-1 for South America ---> 5-4 victory for South America

MVP scoreboard (based on number of victories, rankings with simple scoring like 6-5-4-3-2-1 or sum time):

1   Tsino2-1   16 pts   3:41.30
2Inavoeg2-114 pts3:41.50
3Roy Wiegerinck     2-113 pts3:41.70
4CAP1-210 pts3:47.15
5Juank 231-26 pts3:52.20
6Doelloos1-24 pts3:55.40

Overdrijf

Forumarcheology!

Sounds fun. The community is a bit too small to have people defend their country, so their continent is a good second. You could opt for another race system of course, just adding all the times and seeing which continent was faster, or a "normal" points based system...

Chulk

Great idea (although we already now who'll win  ;))

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 04, 2009, 04:49:03 PM
The community is a bit too small to have people defend their country, so their continent is a good second.
Argentina and Hungary could defend their own countries...
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Maybe Denmark and Germany too... :D

Overdrijf

Apart from Firefozie and me, any Dutch guys still active here? No? Rest of the Benelux perhaps?

CTG

I guess there are no other Benelux pipsqueaks although the traditions are strong in Netherlands: the great champion Roy Wiegerinck, his strong teammate, Ben Snel... and a bit later XDude_NL, Doelloos, Icecube - quite good pipsqueaks from the past.

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on March 04, 2009, 10:05:23 PM
I guess there are no other Benelux pipsqueaks although the traditions are strong in Netherlands: the great champion Roy Wiegerinck, his strong teammate, Ben Snel... and a bit later XDude_NL, Doelloos, Icecube - quite good pipsqueaks from the past.
And that's where my problems begin.
Besides, If I'dd manage to wake all them up than I wouldn't be needed to drive, where would the fun in that be? ;)

And if there is going to be a championship for countries I demand that they change the 3D files of their cars to add a national color scheme (to bad there's no orange, just some brownish stuff).

And finally as an addition to this topic: how about a "tournamette/tournette" (hereby introduced as a word for a short tournament) in which a team of 3 or 4 people has to drive 3 or 4 different cars? Let's say you'dd ask teams to designate experts for the indy, the jag, the countach and the audi. Then you would reveal the track and the team with the lowest total time wins. It could be fun for somewhere between 1 and 3 races...

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 04, 2009, 10:32:35 PM
And if there is going to be a championship for countries I demand that they change the 3D files of their cars to add a national color scheme

Stuntsmania Nations? I guess Krys will enjoy being involved  ;D

(to bad there's no orange, just some brownish stuff).

You mean the Ubuntu colour scheme I used for Skyline?  :D

And finally as an addition to this topic: how about a "tournamette/tournette" (hereby introduced as a word for a short tournament) in which a team of 3 or 4 people has to drive 3 or 4 different cars? Let's say you'dd ask teams to designate experts for the indy, the jag, the countach and the audi. Then you would reveal the track and the team with the lowest total time wins. It could be fun for somewhere between 1 and 3 races...

This can be nice too, and not really troublesome to organize as long as we could arrange more than two balanced teams in the current environment.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on March 05, 2009, 12:24:39 AM
(to bad there's no orange, just some brownish stuff).

You mean the Ubuntu colour scheme I used for Skyline?  :D

Yep. I tried to paint my kart (under construction) orange, it came out about the same colours that I later saw on the skyline.

CTG

What about a competition without scoreboard - but with special missions you have to complete in various fields of racing (for example you have fly for 10 seconds on a certain track, beating Cherry Chassis on a dual-way track choosing the longer way, completing a cork up/down over xy mph, etc.). Something like 'Factory driver' in NFS Porsche. After 10, 20, 50, etc. missions you would get a bronze, silver or golden driving licence. I think it could work in a permanent system, without deadlines.

What do you think?