News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Your first track

Started by alanrotoi, February 23, 2013, 12:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 23, 2013, 08:25:01 AM
Now, watching my old replays I found one doing a magic carpet with p962 xD but I'll attach another funnier. One where curiosity kills xD.

That's just too good! I can picture an impressionable little animal instead of the car in that replay  :D

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 23, 2013, 08:37:14 AM
PS: I have ALL the replays received from the 1st season of 4dsL.

Two words: Competition Archive  :) For the 2011 edition I managed to recover some 4dsL winning replays through Wayback Machine; Dinky and Monkey are still missing, however (as are most of the second season ones, though I guess the hackers did away with those...).

CTG

I don't really remember my first track, but I have a nice collection of the legendary Looping tracks built between 1997 and 2001 (with HIG files, as a proof of bloody Poo-Usrin battles).

My "favorite" creature is lost: extremely long and evil track, called 'Borzalom' (could be translated as 'Horror' or 'Monstrosity', built in May 1998). Since we did not use RH, it was almost impossible to finish a lap. :D

zaqrack

I think everybody did that :) I also remember a track of mine where ALL tiles were used - mostly not for scenery :)

zaqrack

Oh, found it, it was Peter11:

Peter5 was also nice:

And to stay on topic, this is my first track, from 1994, later reborn as a competition track. Note how balanced the two ways are :)

You can find them in the track pack available on ZakStunts.

alanrotoi

Chulk

I wonder how long did it take you to finish Peter11 (both building it as a lap in it)
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

CTG

Quote from: Chulk on February 25, 2013, 03:01:03 PM
I wonder how long did it take you to finish Peter11 (both building it as a lap in it)

Not longer than a well-detailed 512x512 Open TTD track... ;D

zaqrack

I think it was more than 10 mins to drive, norh of course (never knew about it). How about I make the ZCT140 then you can try? :D

CTG

Quote from: zaqrack on February 25, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

I think it was more than 10 mins to drive, norh of course (never knew about it). How about I make the ZCT140 then you can try? :D

Yes, please! I always missed some extremely long tracks from the competitions. :D

alanrotoi

Don't use a long track for competition please please please :(

Duplode

Let's race it at LeStunts then  ;D

alanrotoi

Manowar did another annoying track too in those times, where most of the ways went nowhere :S It was completely annoying turn a corner and find the skidding wiring :(

CTG

The next USC track will be a long one. I mean A REALLY LONG ONE. :D

BonzaiJoe

I remember making a track called "VERY_BIG", which was justa whole map full of loops, and the necessary sharp corners. The idea was to make a track that it was not possible to finish within 25 minutes. Of course it would have been possible to finish it quite fast with power gear going beside the loops, but we didn't know about the loop-PG-effect back then, nor really about replay handling.
I remeber that if you skipped the whole track, the engine was not able to compute the penalty time, so it wrote some kind of nonsense with non-numeric characters.
But we can't be quite sure.

Friker

Quote from: CTG on February 25, 2013, 04:36:23 PM
Quote from: zaqrack on February 25, 2013, 03:27:47 PM

Yes, please! I always missed some extremely long tracks from the competitions. :D

Quote from: Duplode on February 25, 2013, 05:34:31 PM
Let's race it at LeStunts then  ;D

I was thinking about some small event - 1 day track or 4 hours something. I'll probably do it with some long track within. :)