News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Hey Brazilians

Started by BonzaiJoe, May 01, 2017, 04:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

1. Have you ever met anyone from the province of Acre?
2. Are things getting worse in Brazil at the moment?
3. Biscoito or bolacha?
4. Is that judge who's charging politicians with corruption protecting the right?
But we can't be quite sure.

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 01, 2017, 04:10:55 PM
[size=78%]2. Are things getting worse in Brazil at the moment?[/size]
3. Biscucchio or bolacho?
4. Is that judge who's charging politicians with corruption protecting the right?

1- I knew a girl from Acre. The Atlético Paranaense's goalkeeper (and gold medal goalkeeper) is from Rio Branco, the Acre capital.
2- Yes. Very worse. We are moving backwards some decades with this new government.
3- The question is "biscoito" or "bolacha". In Paraná, is bolacha. The only pipsqueak who considers biscoito maybe would be André Geo.
4- Maybe. There is now a suspection that his wife would have connections with a politician from the right who is suspect of stole some millions from a NGO who help the people with intellectual disability.

Duplode

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on May 01, 2017, 04:10:55 PM
2. Are things getting worse in Brazil at the moment?
3. Biscoito or bolacha?

1. No, but a friend has worked there as an army doctor.
2. Temer's government is a sick joke, though the fact that it is willing and able to steamroll wide-reaching reforms is not particularly funny. The political scenario is absurd, and we seem set for a very strange election year.
3. "Biscoito", though "bolacha" isn't unfamiliar to my ears either.
4. Not specifically about Moro: the impeachment consisted in, to paraphrase a fine characterisation I heard the other day, throwing the newest partner of the consortium of power to the wolves. Let's just say I will be surprised if, say, Aécio or Alckmin end up getting a dose of the same medicine.

Duplode

Quote from: Duplode on May 02, 2017, 07:41:00 AM
Let's just say I will be surprised if, say, Aécio [ends up] getting a dose of the same medicine.

Well, colour me surprised!

BonzaiJoe

But I looked that guy up on Wikipedia and he seemed also to be a social-democratic politician. So why is it surprising?
But we can't be quite sure.

Shoegazing Leo

The brazilian party called "social-democratic" is neoliberal since the 90s and became more conservative throught the years. There are now a lot of politicians of BBB group (bala-boi-bíblia / guns-ox-bible). Is like the danish right-wing party called left.