News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

someone wrote a Blender Export for TestDrive 3

Started by llm, August 01, 2020, 09:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llm

Building it on another debian/ubuntu base distro will be equaly complex, i took around 15min to find the answer the rest was installation due to no existing linux on my system, but i will have a look how to build statical, but could be that you need to install another bunch of static libs before compilation...

Cas

Well, that's fine anyway. I am not a heavy stressed user. I have never created a car, but I wanted to learn how it was done last time. And now I wanted to understand the importing and exporting formats and look at the palette. Besides, I've already been able to more or less dominate the 3SH format to load shapes.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Maybe a W10PE is a solution for stressed.
You can run it from usb.
http://windowsmatters.com/

Just a thought.

(I'm on holiday at the moment)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

llm

building is simple enough - even for non programmers
and there are still bugs that getting fixed and i don't like using old versions :)

Ryoma

I work on the dashboard of the Diablo. Which version you prefer ?

KyLiE

I like the original Test Drive III artwork (Bottom left) however I think that the others better suit the Stunts aesthetic.  Because of this, I prefer the one on the bottom right, although I think that the air vents should be the same resolution as the rest of the artwork.

Ryoma

Something like that ?

I think the palette of td3 is difficult to use with stunts

Daniel3D

Pallet is easy. Take a existing one with similar colours en open that in Photoshop. Paste the test-drive version (scaled to the same size) in it and it will alter the colour to the nearest value in the pallet.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

I like it. The steering wheel looks a little "narrow", though. But I figure if you stretch it, interpolation will make it look strange, so it's probably better that way.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

KyLiE

Quote from: Ryoma on February 10, 2021, 12:46:48 PM
Something like that ?

Yes, except I think the right air vent should point down as well and the steering wheel is definitely too narrow.