News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

An iconic star will reborn

Started by Ryoma, January 30, 2021, 05:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Actually it's only a dashboard with the GTO body and the performance of the Countach...

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

Thank you but always issue with the spokes...i lost 2 hours. How to deal with it ?

Ryoma

After the spokes, the next job......

Cas

I've just noticed that the steering wheel top part is a little lower than the rest, but there's enough space to move it up. I guess you're already aware of this, but just in case

Ryoma

Yes Cas, it's because of the top Dash. It was corrected.
And I SUCCEED with theses F%#@€& spokes!!!!!

Here the final version of the dashboard taken from Amiga td2.

Miss only the shape.....glurps

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on January 31, 2021, 07:28:14 AM
After the spokes, the next job......
Dashboard looks good.
As for the body, take care not to exceed the maximum amount of points.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

For the moment, I don't know how to deal with it. For the delta and the Thema, I used stressed.

But how start with a new car? I have no idea...

Daniel3D

I use Autodesk softimage XSI. But that is quite heavy for this purpose.
But it's what I know and I have difficulty adjusting to others.

But blender or Anim8or would work.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

If you're starting a new car from scratch, CarWorks will be more useful. It's not that good for editing existing cars. For 3D modelling my choice is Blender. It is big, but others can be even bigger. Once you have a model made with any of those programs, you export it as OBJ, but make sure you specify the material names!  Materials stunts0 to stunts127 will produce fixed values that won't change between paint jobs. Then you name materials that you do want changing as base0 to base3. When you export your OBJ, materials name will be present there, so then you import this with CarWorks. The original OBJ file should be in meters for the scaling to be right. This helps you have an idea of the final scale you will obtain. And then you can select among the available paint jobs. What CarWorks does is auto-generate the three models with all the paint jobs you give. Then you can export the 3SH and voilà. For the wheels, you will need to borrow them from another car. Later, if you want, you can edit them with Stressed, but with so many cars, you surely will find nice wheels. With CarWorks, you can adjust the wheel separation and centre the car. It's super quick to do all this, but it's not immediately obvious. If I could record a video, I would show you how all this can be exploited.

Ryoma

Thanks. This week, I will be in business travel so I will maybe start next weekend.

Ryoma

Finally I worked on it and here the first result.

I worked directly with stressed. I am on the limit on vertex.

Duplode

That's beautiful!

I have done a little testing to find out why the steering wheel dot flickers. It turns out that happens because, when the dot is near the center, it is drawn over dast rather than dash, an issue I hadn't realised before (it also happens with the McLaren, though the dot being red makes it more noticeable with your car). The only way I could find to avoid that without having to redraw your dashboard is lowering the dot position so that it doesn't overlap with dast. Though not ideal (the dot looks a little off-center vertically now), I feel that's preferable to the flickering. I have attached a modified CARFETR.RES, so that you can see if you like it.

By the way, I plan to add your completed cars to the Southern Cross collection at some point over the next week. (I probably should add some extra organisation to the list, as it is getting quite big  :))

Ryoma

Good, I ask myself about this dot... But I was si focused on the shape and I forgot it. Thanks.

Happy that the cars will be on your collection.