News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Restunts repository - Git mirror

Started by dreadnaut, March 19, 2021, 12:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Quote from: llm on November 07, 2023, 01:10:57 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on November 07, 2023, 06:59:33 AMI know nothing about clvn. So impossible to tell for me if he maintains a copy..

last change to the "official" svn server (seems to be down) from clvn is from ~2015
The web version is also down. And not archived as far as I can find..

http://anders-e.com/code/browser/restunts/trunk/restunts
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

llm

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 07, 2023, 03:31:34 PMhttp://anders-e.com/code/browser/restunts/trunk/restunts

i've got a recent svn backup
but i think that xor2003 and Duplodes fork are recent - there wasn't changes in the last years

dreadnaut

I cloned the SVN repo in 2021, and that's where the Bitbucket repo comes from. I was thinking about resiliency, seems like it was a good idea 😅

Daniel3D

We are forever grateful for it...

I did the same with kalpen.de (JTK stunts site) in 2007, because it was at that moment the only stunts resource known to me..

The repository is receiving similar treatment... 8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 07, 2023, 04:08:59 PMI cloned the SVN repo in 2021, and that's where the Bitbucket repo comes from. I was thinking about resiliency, seems like it was a good idea 😅
Apparently he didn't migrate it to His own GitHub
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

So in the end, where can Restunts be found now?  8)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on November 08, 2023, 08:35:56 PMSo in the end, where can Restunts be found now?  8)
For the moment it's still available on dreadnaut his Bitbucket ,

And on Xor2003 his GitHub

I have a few copies locally as well. And now also added to the STUNTS resources (globe icon)
So don't worry. It's safe and available..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Good!  Yes, I asked primarily to add it to the wiki article I made: https://wiki.stunts.hu/wiki/Restunts. If one of these goes down, please update. I'll probably mirror it to notabug.org too and it'd be nice to host a selected part as non-SVN too.

viniciusferrao

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 08, 2023, 11:54:29 PM
Quote from: Cas on November 08, 2023, 08:35:56 PMSo in the end, where can Restunts be found now?  8)

I have a few copies locally as well. And now also added to the STUNTS resources (globe icon)

May I ask for the modified versions? For example 1.1.1 made by that you guys made? Are those opensource?

Daniel3D

Quote from: viniciusferrao on December 11, 2023, 05:18:57 PM

May I ask for the modified versions? For example 1.1.1 made by that you guys made? Are those opensource?
The mods for the Ferrari version and coloured needles are on dreadnaut his bitbucket.
As for the new original, that is merely rebuild executables. No new code.
Also, all new code is also detailed in the modifications topic.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

viniciusferrao

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 11, 2023, 06:17:32 PM

The mods for the Ferrari version and coloured needles are on dreadnaut his bitbucket.

Yes sure, but do we have a git repo that I can just clone and generate the 1.1.1 version with the disabled copy protection, new setup.exe and the new banner on the options stating the version 1.1.1?

I just asking that because it's simpler to keep the updates and it lowers the bar for newcomers.

Thanks.

Daniel3D

Quote from: viniciusferrao on December 11, 2023, 08:31:53 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on December 11, 2023, 06:17:32 PM

Yes sure, but do we have a git repo that I can just clone and generate the 1.1.1 version with the disabled copy protection, new setup.exe and the new banner on the options stating the version 1.1.1?

I just asking that because it's simpler to keep the updates and it lowers the bar for newcomers.

Thanks.
no, but that is maybe not for a git but just a good old download page...
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

Quote from: viniciusferrao on December 11, 2023, 08:31:53 PMYes sure, but do we have a git repo that I can just clone and generate the 1.1.1 version with the disabled copy protection, new setup.exe and the new banner on the options stating the version 1.1.1?

I believe the 1.1.1 build changes are all in the Modifications branch in that repo. In order to actually build it, there's a makefile typo to be fixed -- see this commit in my fork of the repo. There's indeed some consolidation and tidying up to be done, and the GitHub migration on the horizon should be a good opportunity for doing that.

Cas

Now that I have my little repo, I've been thinking of hosting Restunts in a non-version-controlled way there. We'll soon have a direct mirror there, but yes, I want to tidy it up a little too

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on December 12, 2023, 01:33:23 AM
Quote from: viniciusferrao on December 11, 2023, 08:31:53 PMYes sure, but do we have a git repo that I can just clone and generate the 1.1.1 version with the disabled copy protection, new setup.exe and the new banner on the options stating the version 1.1.1?

I believe the 1.1.1 build changes are all in the Modifications branch in that repo. In order to actually build it, there's a makefile typo to be fixed -- see this commit in my fork of the repo. There's indeed some consolidation and tidying up to be done, and the GitHub migration on the horizon should be a good opportunity for doing that.
It doesn't include the rebuild executables for the other display options or setup. But we could add those to the stunts resource copy, if the obsolete HDR, cod and other files are still there we could (re)move those out of the folder.
Edison once said,
---------
---------