News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Cars and rules for 2022

Started by dreadnaut, October 16, 2021, 12:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Regarding racing styles, I would like for ZakStunts, RaceForKicks, and any other competition popping up to be different. That is why I generally resist "oh, let's add this" ideas. Instead of loading ZakStunts with all the things, go ahead and experiment with new formats separately.

ZakStunts covers freestyle with a regular schedule, and sometimes experimental bits. It also works as a gathering point, and I'll work to make it friendly for new starts.

RaceForKicks covers the OWOOT spectrum, on a similar schedule. We organise rare Live Races on the forum. Maybe GAR should grow up in a similar way, and become its own thing if enough people are interested.

Quote from: KyLiE on October 20, 2021, 11:50:16 AM
In any case, I trust that dreadnaut will make the right decision.

Far too much trust! Thinking about this again though, maybe next year we should have no side-scoreboards, and focus on building and running a good Amateur league for new starts instead. RaceForKicks will be there for those afraid to leave the asphalt 8)  (sorry, it sounded too cool not to write it ;D). I can go and race OWOOT there, on tracks designed for that style.

Ryoma

For the amateur, I'm not really agree : the replay shall be public not quiet or scoreboard.

It will be a less stress compétition than the regular.

I understand very well why replay had to ne hidden on regular (it's strategic and I'm ok). But for amateur, I think it's not a good idea.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Ryoma on October 23, 2021, 11:39:36 PM
For the amateur, I'm not really agree : the replay shall be public not quiet or scoreboard.

Noted! I'd still like to try with public/hidden/quiet for 2022, and see how it goes. It will be noticeable if it's a problem, but validating the opposite (start with everything public and understand if public/hidden/quiet would be a problem) would be near impossible.

Not aiming for perfection here, just at taking a (possibly big) step in the right direction.

alanrotoi

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 24, 2021, 12:02:19 AM
Quote from: Ryoma on October 23, 2021, 11:39:36 PM

Noted! I'd still like to try with public/hidden/quiet for 2022, and see how it goes. It will be noticeable if it's a problem, but validating the opposite (start with everything public and understand if public/hidden/quiet would be a problem) would be near impossible.

Not aiming for perfection here, just at taking a (possibly big) step in the right direction.

It might be the possibility to choose if your replay will be public or not just like main competition. The same rules for both comps but different scoreboards and pipsqueak restrictions in amateur of course.

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 23, 2021, 11:22:43 PM
Thinking about this again though, maybe next year we should have no side-scoreboards, and focus on building and running a good Amateur league for new starts instead.

I'm in support of this.  It would also allow others to focus on the main competition without the distraction of side competitions.

Cas

Sounds good for the next season!  I'll try to get integration with the Portal working before the end of the season in R4K so we get something fresh on our side as well. I haven't been as productive in software development this years since I started with my new job.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

CTG

Overdrijf

Quote from: CTG on January 15, 2022, 08:10:25 PM
Final car list? ???

First race every car. The ones people actually pick will be used the rest of the year.

...We'll decide what their coefficient was after the fact.  ;D

Daniel3D

Final car list? ???
I propose (besides the original) a whole new car list.
There are so many nice new cars.
K.I.T.T.
Super Seven
CERV III
Dodge Monaco
Some of Ryomas cars.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Final car list? ???

Final list: Nissan Skyline, Ryoma's new Lancia Stratos, Zapper's Caterham, the revised Melange, and KyLiE's Corvette CERV III.

Could anyone take side-views of Stratos, Caterham, and CERV III please?

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 16, 2022, 12:34:08 PM
Could anyone take side-views of Stratos, Caterham, and CERV III please?

Attached below! If you feel some of these colour picks don't work all that well, see this Imgur link for a few alternatives.

It's a nice list, by the way: the five cars are pretty different from each other, the three slower ones inclusive, and in particular I'd say the CERV III and the Strtatos are in regions of design space that have been underexplored up to now.

Ryoma

Waiting for the first victory of the Stratos...

dreadnaut

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 16, 2022, 12:34:08 PM
Final list: Nissan Skyline, Ryoma's new Lancia Stratos, Zapper's Caterham, the revised Melange, and KyLiE's Corvette CERV III.

Nice! :D I'm looking forward to this season!

Cas

This is going to be a very interesting season! :D
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.