News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Old abandoned projects

Started by alanrotoi, December 21, 2021, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I found some old abandoned cars built in Car Blaster in an old backup. I don't remember any of these so it was a big surprise. I didn't try them yet (no time + there was an issue those times about Stunts versions and car blaster that I can't remember) so I'll share some .res data. If you also have any abandoned car project please list them here!

Let's start chronologically:

Date: January 29th of 2003
Car Name: MeganiuM Fuego
Based on: Renault Fuego

.res specs:
Front Engine, 4V Drive turbo
1995cc, 185 HP
0-100 9.2 sec
Top Speed 198 MPH
Price $3,700

Comments: Seems it was my first try with Car Blaster because this unfinished car is almost a month earlier that Melange XGT-88 was released. The specs seems realistic but not the top speed (maybe it's kmh instead of mph). The very low price indicates it was an idea I had to build cheap cars because at those times the designers used to write very expensive prices about their cars. I thought Relanult Fuego was only a wish. I didn't know I started to build it.

Next car:

Date: April 19th of ?2003
Car Name: Monster Truck 4x4 Jet

.res specs:
Front Engine, Jet
DOHC V-12
9000cc, 1000 HP
0-60 7.7 sec
Top Speed 126 MPH
Price $220,000

Comments: Believe it or not I wanted to build a monster truck 19 years ago. WTF??? Is my stunts life in a constant cycle? :o I think the specs were taken from an old card game about tunned trucks.

Next:

Date: August 23th of 2003
Car Name: Porsche 911 GT

.res specs:
Rear Engine, 4W Drive
SOHC FLAT-6
3600cc, 250 HP
0-60 5.8 sec
Top Speed 161 MPH
Price $96,500

Comments: I can't remember anything about it. The specs seems to be unchanged from the original car Porsche Carrera 4.

Next:

Date: September 27th of ?2003
Car Name: El mionca re grosso (it means "the great truck")
.res specs:

Mid Engine, RW Drive
DOHC V-12
5162cc, 420 HP
0-60 4.7 sec
Top Speed 183 MPH
Price $150,000

Comments: Seems I took the previous truck idea and wanted to build a super fast tunned truck but cheaper :D.

alanrotoi

Oh I found another abandoned/forgotten project. It is from 2016 I wanted to make a birthday gift to AbuRaf70 building a car he had or loved the most. I asked Sergio Baronetti (his son) and the car was a 1962 Ford Falcon. It seems I tryied to make a car with power gear and a similar performance as Lancia. I asked Duplode some help to make the 3d model but never sent him the files (it never finished). Seems to make a car is too difficult to me :D A lot of projects undone :D

Cas

I want to make a car of my own one day, but I'm not experienced with this. I think it'd take me long
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

With all the tools you have made, it's easy.

First found a blueprint

Secondly the torque curve and gear ratio and some specs.

Thirdly, with Excel I put the coordonate (left side) of each vertices. Excel calculated the position by centering the car and the opposite vertice (right side). The 24 first vertices are for the wheel and calculate too.

Four : you draw the polygone (3 or 4 sided) and Excel calculated the opposite side.

Five : the color

Six : torque curve, weight, Cx, gear ratio etc...

Seven : adjust the performance

Eight : dashboard.

Cas, if you want, I can only advice you.

Daniel3D

Is it an idea to add the files of the abandoned projects?
plus the plan you have for them, like if you want to continue it yourself someday, if you would like some help with parts of it or if someone can take and continue the project.

Even if it is not much, it can be interesting to look at it.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Quote from: RyomaCas, if you want, I can only advice you.
I think I'll ping you at some point about it. I have some confusion about how to set up the parameters to achieve what I want. In part, I understand them, but there are some subtle things I don't get very well.

As regards the 3D shape, I would like to create something from scratch, not based on any real car.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on February 07, 2022, 02:15:01 PM

Not really. It's just sharing a log of projects. :D

Quote from: Cas on February 07, 2022, 10:46:21 PM
As regards the 3D shape, I would like to create something from scratch, not based on any real car.

Hey I like the idea of a fantasy car. We could say the first generation of custom cars were mostly invented.
Maybe the evolution of custom cars was something like: 1) tunned original cars, 2) fantasy cars (sometimes 100% invented and sometimes I.e. "my Volkwagen Golf with power gear") 3) existing cars as real as possible (this step since Stressed was available).

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on February 08, 2022, 02:26:42 AM
Quote from: Daniel3D on February 07, 2022, 02:15:01 PM
Not really. It's just sharing a log of projects. :D
I understand. I meant it in a more general way as well. There are several projects on the forum that look very interesting but are abandoned and the creative member has also long since left the community.
I think it is a shame that nobody can finish it.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)