News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2022

Started by CTG, February 21, 2022, 01:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Well, I had thought the World Cup will re-raise my interest in football, but it didn't happen... In the past 15 years, I had seen a lot of things happening. I can observe the chance of a match being fixed in every match. The role of money and player neutralization reached extreme high levels. My bet was France as champions and Mbappé as golden boot winner, but these were rather anticipated instead of being technically explained.

I still prefer to watch ice hockey, alpine skiing, ski jumping, road cycling, or if these are not available, handball, biathlon, nordic combined, car racing or sometimes even water polo, volleyball, futsal, basketball instead of football...
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Daniel3D

Not to mention (I'm convinced) corruption, oppression and systematic violation of human rights. (Applies to the Olympics as well unfortunately, which i did like to follow, but don't watch anymore for that reason)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

The referee stole the match for USA against Iran. A not sanctioned last minute penalty would gave the match to Iran. Suspicious.

Duplode

I think that wasn't a penalty -- no shirt pull, and it isn't clear that the contact brought Taremi down. A better view of the key moment on the broadcast replay would have been useful, though!

alanrotoi

I hope so. I wanted Iran to win but I want more the fair play.

alanrotoi

Poland almost out. Ok next round is Australia.

Duplode

That's some way to qualify, Poland... Anyway, Australia vs. Argentina has such a nice ring to it -- it makes me feel like booting up some old FIFA and picking the first two NTs on the menu for a match  :) 

alanrotoi

Poland qualified because they have fewer yellow cards than Mexico. First time it happens in a World Cup I guess.

alanrotoi

:'(

Overdrijf

Well, our championship is officially over.

If you're not getting a shot at beating Germany, it's just not worth it.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on December 02, 2022, 07:32:53 AMWell, our championship is officially over.
That's too bad. I really like doing my groceries during the game. Very quiet outside  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Usrin

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 01, 2022, 03:16:25 AMPoland qualified because they have fewer yellow cards than Mexico. First time it happens in a World Cup I guess.

Poland qualified with better goal difference (2-2 vs. 2-3).
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Usrin on December 02, 2022, 03:11:15 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on December 01, 2022, 03:16:25 AMPoland qualified because they have fewer yellow cards than Mexico. First time it happens in a World Cup I guess.

Poland qualified with better goal difference (2-2 vs. 2-3).

Right, I didn't know the last minute goal from Saudi Arabia. ;)

alanrotoi

Go Uruguay! (Uruguay vs Ghana, a hard match since 2010 world cup!)

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 02, 2022, 04:30:12 PMGo Uruguay! (Uruguay vs Ghana, a hard match since 2010 world cup!)

Wow, what a sucker punch  :-\