News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Lola Cosworth INDY

Started by alanrotoi, March 08, 2022, 12:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

A new Indycar, trying to keep the category but with some differences. The most prominent is that this indy has no power gear. As you can see it has a digital speedometer. The rest is under construction. :D

10 paintjobs! ::) I accept suggestions (Oh yes, the second is Mario Andretti) ;)

The car is available attached here

Cas

I was thinking the following:

"¡Qué fachón!"

but I'm not sure how to translate that into English, ha, ha. Something like "Wow!  It does look very good!", but with a tone I can't explain very well XD

I'm really looking forward to this one :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Thanks! The dashboard is a modification of Indycar from Papyrus 1993 (the chasis view mostly) and Indianapolis 500 from 1989 (the inside of the dashboard). The digital speedometer is a dream, I'm very statisfied :D I draw every number. Fortunately it is possible to have bigger numbers (I wasn't aware about that!).

The 3D shape is 100% done. I took car0 from Porsche/March INDY and made the modifications.

KyLiE

Nice work!  I thought the dashboard looked familiar.  The paint jobs look great as well. :)

alanrotoi

Quote from: KyLiE on March 08, 2022, 03:10:25 AM
I thought the dashboard looked familiar.

Haha the robbery of the century ;D

Here are the paintjobs from a different angle

Ryoma

Yes the 3rd indycar after the March and the Ferrari 637.

Cas

My favourite ones are the black and light blue and the black and yellow.

alanrotoi

The car is finished! Please let me know if you find any error. :)

alanrotoi

I'm soooooo in love with the dashboard and the big digital numbers :)

Ryoma

I Quick test this morning before going work. A very good dashboard (where is the anti Roll stick from Indy 500 ? Lol).

The engine is sharp (max torque between 10000-12000 RPM).

I did not try much. But I put the Lola on the benchmark.

alanrotoi

Wow thanks! What was that program and where can I download? It would help a lot to gather and list info.

Ryoma

alanrotoi

Oh yes, thank you! It would be cool to add some graphics for the cars in the wiki.

By the way I updated the .rar file because I forgot to sign my work. It's only an addition of "By Alan Rotoi" in .RES file, so no relevant changes.

Cas

I've been trying it and enjoying it. It'd be great to incorporate it in R4K :)

KyLiE

This is a great car! :) You've done an excellent job on the visuals and performance parameters.  However, I noticed an issue with the crash sprite.  The further the car is from the camera, the more incorrectly the crash sprite appears.  It's not a huge issue, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone knows what causes it.