News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

A trick

Started by Overdrijf, March 21, 2022, 09:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

I just realized I can do this. First person to see what "this" is gets ten points.

Frieshansen

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 21, 2022, 09:38:57 PM
I just realized I can do this. First person to see what "this" is gets ten points.

I can't cross my eyes quite enough, I think :P

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 21, 2022, 09:38:57 PM

A character from among us?   8) 8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Friedhansen got it right away!

A few glitches, but very nice. Handmade?

Overdrijf

Yup, the 10 points go to Frieshansen. It's a magic eye/autostereogram image.

Yes, in Bliss.

I've done it with text (a monospace font like courier new works well) and with images (a bit too much work for kind of underwelming results), but I never connected the idea to a track editor.

(The trick to remember is that to shift an area to the foreground you need to keep leaving the same bit out for the whole stretch. It's not a matter of removing it in the beginning of the stretch and placing it back at the end. Also: you need to remove the element at least twice to properly see something. The image you paint basically is one cycle broader than the image you see.)

I think most of the glitches are actually the eyes not knowing how to process the bits they can't properly judge, like the grass in between the elements and the straight road.

Next challenge: figure out how to properly work the concept into my track for this season. 8)

alanrotoi

I still don't see anything :D

Cas

:o
I'm pretty bad at looking a these stereographic images. It's super hard for me to do it the standard way, so I do it inverted, by crossing my eyes and still that is kind of hard. But it's impressive how you can achieve this with Bliss :D
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Frieshansen

I don't see anything either, but my wife saw it and I checked it using an online tool. Have passed the 10 points on to her - she can hardly put her joy into words  :)
About 20 years ago I worked in a print shop where we printed these pictures. I spent days trying to see these pictures and gave up a long time ago.

Daniel3D

Wonderful story.
Evidently I didn't see it either. Still don't.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 22, 2022, 10:03:35 PMI think most of the glitches are actually the eyes not knowing how to process the bits they can't properly judge, like the grass in between the elements and the straight road.
there.

Looking at it some more, I'm noticing the glitches you (=dreadnaut) were probably referring to, sitting in the background to the right of the foreground image. I think I actually know what I did wrong there. Rather than try to return to the old pattern I should settle on a new pattern of four based on where I had to insert something to make the foreground stop.

For the people who don't see it: I can only point out that the goal is to try and look "behind" or "through" the picture far enough that the bridge you see with your left eye and the one you see with your right start overlapping. But if you've already spent days on it that's probably not going to help, your brain is just too good at deciding what's real and what's not.

Daniel3D

That is physically impossible for me. I have a lazy eye. So when it's out of focus, one eye shuts down and I only see with the other one..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Ryoma

Yes I see a big S!!!!!