News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

And the custom cars championship is started.

Started by Daniel3D, May 14, 2022, 11:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLiE

After participating in every race since the start, here is my honest feedback:

• I think you should limit the cars to 2-3 per race.  The races where I only drove the cars that I enjoyed driving or thought were the fastest were the most fun, whereas the races where I drove the entire pack felt more like a chore.
  • The scoring system is complicated and combined with the fact that there is no easy way to see how you are doing makes the whole experience less engaging.  I know that a lot of this is due to the limitations of EasyTour, but it's something to think about.
  • The rules work well.  Obviously you will need to add details as issues arise, but I think you should continue with the current set of rules as a base.

Also, I've seen similar comments to this a few times:

Quote from: Daniel3D on October 31, 2022, 11:53:05 AMThis makes it possible for a good driver to get a lot of points, and that is not fun.

How is that not fun?  I would expect a good driver to get a lot of points in any competition.  Regardless of the changes you make, good drivers will always rise to the top of the scoreboard.

Daniel3D

Quote from: KyLiE on November 01, 2022, 01:24:28 PMAlso, I've seen similar comments to this a few times:

Quote from: Daniel3D on October 31, 2022, 11:53:05 AMThis makes it possible for a good driver to get a lot of points, and that is not fun.

How is that not fun?  I would expect a good driver to get a lot of points in any competition.  Regardless of the changes you make, good drivers will always rise to the top of the scoreboard.
I meant that it's not fun if you can take 60% of the points every time. Nobody has a chance to compete.
The best driver will always win (in theory) but its more fun if there is a smaller difference. Like last race.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Daniel3D

Quote from: KyLiE on November 01, 2022, 01:24:28 PM
  • I think you should limit the cars to 2-3 per race.  The races where I only drove the cars that I enjoyed driving or thought were the fastest were the most fun, whereas the races where I drove the entire pack felt more like a chore.

I agree that the packs were too big. And with no clear faster or slower car, it was kind of mandatory to drive all cars to be sure of points. Also, the cars were very similar that gave me the feeling of having to do the same thing over again as well.

So next season will have smaller packs of 4 to 6 cars. And more distinction to them. You can choose to drive only the fast 3 for the top points or drive all if you like them. The advantage of driving them all is smaller next season because of the smaller packs.

Quote from: KyLiE on November 01, 2022, 01:24:28 PM
  • The scoring system is complicated and combined with the fact that there is no easy way to see how you are doing makes the whole experience less engaging.  I know that a lot of this is due to the limitations of EasyTour, but it's something to think about.

I agree that the scoring system is a bit complicated. But not more so than the LTB system.
I am looking at ways to make it more visually clear. I will try to make time to discuss this with CAS when he is here 12 days from now. Since he has to code it  8)

In general. I have a project that needs to be finished, so I can make more time for this. And it is overdue. I really hope that will be done in the coming months.

Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: KyLiE on November 01, 2022, 01:24:28 PMThe rules work well.  Obviously you will need to add details as issues arise, but I think you should continue with the current set of rules as a base.

Thank you. I also really feel that it is a fair and balanced set. I did add a rule that was kind of obvious to me, but I felt the need to add it after watching a Zakstunts replay a realized that it may not be that obvious.

QuoteThe finish line is also a checkpoint,
Finishing by passing outside the poles or
over the banner is not considered a legal finish.
Edison once said,
---------
---------