News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Server upgrade 2022 (stuff might break)

Started by dreadnaut, July 20, 2022, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

I've sort of fixed the forum chat as well, but it'll need some testing. The code has been abandoned, and it took some poking and prodding to make it work in PHP8 :D

Cas

Hey, if that would not work very well, may I suggest IRC?  I mean, an IRC server with a web client. I don't even know if a good one exists, ha, ha. But that would allow to also use local clients and I guess there will always be another IRC client. Anyway, I'm going to be testing the chat!

EDIT: Trying the chat, I found a small bug. If you log in to the forum and then you go to the chat, everything works fine, but if you are not logged into the forum and you attempt to log in directly to the chat, it fails saying that your login time has expired for the forum.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Finally spending some time here on forum after the upgrade -- it all looks great; thanks dreadnaut!

Quote from: Daniel3D on September 02, 2022, 04:18:11 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on September 02, 2022, 03:58:07 PMAre attachments disabled in the forum?
No, they are not available in a quick reply. But if you use the normal reply button below the post it is available.

Thanks for pointing it out; otherwise I think I'd still be looking for the attachment button :D

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 04, 2022, 04:49:49 PMMore on the Wiki:

- I've removed all the blocked users and most of their data, so we are back at 20-30 actual humans registered; this should make things easier to track

Excellent!

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 04, 2022, 04:49:49 PM- The old wiki had a "Looping Warriors" namespace; I couldn't find any pages in it, but that might be me not knowing how it works. It's currently disabled, but I think I know how to turn it on again.  @CTG @Akoss Poo, do you remember how that works? Can you still log in?

I set that up a while ago, when CTG asked for a team area. The idea was that pages in the Looping Warriors namespace would only be editable by users in the looping-warriors group.