News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Wanting to understand Restunts source code structure

Started by Cas, August 28, 2022, 11:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on September 11, 2022, 10:33:20 PMRight. When I am the user and I download software, I rarely download the source unless I want to compile it for some reason or examine the code. Most of the free software code around today is written in horrible languages such as java, ha, ha or using lots of OOP, so studying the source normally isn't of any use to me. Then it's good to have an option like your #1.

Of course, if I split it, then people have to be aware that they can't redistribute package #1 without also putting the other packages available at the same location.
you provide the source for anyone interested in reading it.
If you want to compile it from your source then they need to get the third party stuff, either from you or directly from the source (if they want to work with your code, the latest version of the libraries is probably advisable)
therefore option 2 and 3.

If somebody wants to redistribute package 1, 2 or 3 they have to refer to the other options as well (as is stated in the documentation), but they can point to the source (you). So a redirect would suffice in my opinion.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts or 4D Sports Driving.

Cas

Uhm... maybe that's legal, I don't know, but I don't feel it to be correct. I mean, if I don't provide the source myself, then whatever site I point to might go down or remove it or change it and then I'd be providing an incomplete source.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

As far as I understand you have to provide access to the third party source.
Therefore is option 3,that includes the content.
But you don't have to keep it updated, you provide what you used. In option two you provide information so one can get the original (maybe updated). And can get support for that part.

Edison once said,
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: llm on September 09, 2022, 11:18:02 AMdid it work to change the segment alignment to para?
i had little time so i did an all or nothing approach.
Changing all files creates a near copy, but there are many bit differences, and it does not run,.

A screenshot of a visual check included.
There is also an offset further in the file.

But i now have all obj files. So i can try again, one segment at a time.
Edison once said,
---------