News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

SVG side pictures

Started by dreadnaut, November 09, 2023, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

A wish: any chances to see a tool that reads a Stunts car files, and produces a side view as an SVG image?

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 09, 2023, 08:54:06 PMA wish: any chances to see a tool that reads a Stunts car files, and produces a side view as an SVG image?
That can be done I think, cas his CarWorks does it in a sense.

But why not extend it to a browser that can show cars and tracks like you normally browse images.
(And the possibility to save/export the image)
Each of the 4 car files could be associated with a view type (front, side, dashboard and perspective).
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Uhm.... that sounds interesting and useful.... and a nice challenge. My girlfriend has come and we're staying at an apartment, so my time is kind of limited now, but sometimes she's working and I could begin studying the SVG format to do that. It shouldn't be that hard.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

I need a screwdriver! — Why not build factory that can produce any tools that you might need? ;D

Jokes aside, hadn't thought about a large system. My head was on the problem of going from car files to ZakStunts side view in a consistent way. Something like

/stunts$ car-to-svg --paint=3 CDOR
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" width="200" height="100" viewBox="0 0 200 100">

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 09, 2023, 10:38:20 PMI need a screwdriver! — Why not build factory that can produce any tools that you might need? ;D
I was thinking in that line. But the other way around.

Like building contractors do here.
If can't get a building permit from the government, extend your plan with one floor, and sell that to the government.
You automatically get a permit...

I really crave for a visual browser for cars and tracks ..
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Well, it looks that SVG is really simple, so it should be no problem to do that. If seen from the side, wheels are just circles. Very simple :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.