News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

A Stunts creepypasta, generated by ChatGPT

Started by GTAManRCR, March 08, 2023, 08:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTAManRCR

Hello all.
I'd like to introduce an AI generated creepypasta about Stunts
The creepypasta looks like this
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Duplode

It's interesting, and/or creepy, that ChatGPT has crawled Stunts pages. Would Wikipedia be enough of a source for that? Also, the endings have an appropriately 90s feel to them -- "you wouldn't download a car"  ;D

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on March 09, 2023, 12:17:32 AM"you wouldn't download a car"  ;D
I would, that's what custom cars are for!

I am a little curious: what are the prompts you gave it? We see one of them at the end there. Did it need any correcting on the cars, tracks, buttons etc.?

The overall structure is pretty generic in that it could have been about any game (which is hard to avoid completely, I was going to give a randomish example here of something that wiuld still be relatively easy to adapt to other games, but I might like it enough to make it its own reply), but those details do make it read like someone who knew Srunts wrote or rewrote it to be about this game.

GTAManRCR

I gave him a prompt like this
"How about a story with a guy whose favorite videogame is Stunts, downloading the game once, but strange things happen like this. The game was pretty off. He thought it was a normal Stunts installation. He selected the Porsche 911 Carrera to race with on the skids.trk track. The game inverted colors when he clicked "Let's Drive" for a split second. The car was slow, but was supposed to be fast. Then, unsettling images popped up while driving through the track for split seconds. At the half of the race, the car's engine sounds were replaced with a woman screaming in agony. The hacked game version prevented itself from being removed. Every time he started this rather scary version of Stunts, he noticed the Broderbund screen at the beginning was replaced with dnubredorB, and was pitch white. Next up, he chose Lancia Delta HF Integrale and tried to select tracks, when at the track selection screen, the track name was replaced with "YOU'LL DIE" message. It was enough for him to have nightmares about the game. At this point he wanted to exit, but at the options, the "Exit to DOS" button didn't do anything. The mouse cursor moved itself to the "Let's Drive" screen, forcing him to play"

And came up with a creepypasta which is in the first post

Overdrijf

Ah, okay.

I thought you had asked it to write a story, but you gave it a story and it filled it out further linguistically.

I asked because I know you can ask it things like "give me an Age of Empires 2 build order for Burmese on Arabia" and it will be able to find enough real details to sound convincingly like it knows what a build order is. It will even seem pretty legit for the first few lines, because every build order starts with a certain number on sheep, lumber, boar etc. It will still screw up and tell you you need 8 gold minders before you get to feudal age, but it will look like a build order. So I was kind of impressed with how much training data on Stunts there was apparently out there. But all the game details (as well as all the main story beats) were yours.

Okay, now that I'm replying anyway, let's make this a creepypasta thread. This is a post I found years ago on a dark web chatroom about DOS games. Must have been 1994 or something, real early:

QuoteDo NoT Use this function!

I was a big fan of Stunts, playing it all the time. I really liked the track editor. After years I found that if I pressed Shift+F1 the game I could place terrain, hills and lakes. This blew my mind, I never knew this. So I wondered if there was anything else hidden, and with less than an hour of trying I found Shift+□, which let me place roads on the water and place half elements. They were mostly bugged, but sometimes I could find a cool combination. Over the next weeks I would sometimes think of a combination I hadn't tried yet, and so one day I tried □+�. The game crashed. It took me two hours to restart it. When it did I could not click on the track menu, or the car menu, the options or even "Let's Drive". The only one that would work was the last one I tried, the useless Opponent menu.

The pictures of the opponents were all corrupted somehow, they had stripes and static, and beneath that the images all looked to be grimacing weirdly, like they were in pain. But the weirdest thing was the text. Bernie's text said: "You have to do something for us. Go online and download StMod.dll, put it in your Stunts folder." At this point the game completely froze. No fixing, no restarting. I eventually found the file, and only then would it let me through to the next opponent. They all froze the game, and they all asked me to do something, and it got weirder and weirder as it went. Otto wanted me to edit a car file while burning incense. I should have stopped here, but something drew me onwards. Cherrie told me to do her hair while singing this weird song, something with "Ultimum malum" or something. I did something for all five of them. The last was Skid Vicious. Skid wanted a sacrifice, a piece of me. The piece. By this time I was too far gone.

I'm trapped now. There's no hope for me. I am where I'm supposed to be. I just beg of you: do not repeat my mistake. Do not press □+�.

-Joe

GTAManRCR

This one is amazing, thank you! Is the key combination censored with the usage of a □ and a �?

dreadnaut

Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 09, 2023, 02:47:26 PMThis one is amazing, thank you! Is the key combination censored with the usage of a □ and a �?

They were actual keys several years ago, on some really cheap-brand laptops. They had where now you would have a Windows key, similar behaviour, while was used to call macros for games like WoW. Stuff like �+F1, �+F2 etc.   A friend of mine had one, not sure what brand it was. We lost contact not long after, he had become a bit of a weirdo, tinfoil hat and shadows following him and everything...

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 09, 2023, 09:14:51 PM
Quote from: GTAMan18 on March 09, 2023, 02:47:26 PMThis one is amazing, thank you! Is the key combination censored with the usage of a □ and a �?

They were actual keys several years ago, on some really cheap-brand laptops. They had where now you would have a Windows key, similar behaviour, while was used to call macros for games like WoW. Stuff like �+F1, �+F2 etc.   A friend of mine had one, not sure what brand it was. We lost contact not long after, he had become a bit of a weirdo, tinfoil hat and shadows following him and everything...
Was he called Joe by any chance?
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dreadnaut

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 10, 2023, 09:05:01 PMYes! Did you know him as well?
Yeah, I saw him in Amsterdam a few years ago.. he's not followed by shadows anymore, he is just talking to Skid and Bernie now. One wants him to race with him, the other tries to prevent that. The tinfoil hat is gone but somehow the □ and � are etched into his forehead.
It was difficult to make a connection but I understood that he couldn't stop racing, it was always there.. i told him about ZakStunts, but that made him sad. When I asked why he showed me a scar behind his ear.. he couldn't connect to internet...
At that point Skid apparently got mad, and he wandered on....
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

I got stuck in my guest article.
I had a solid start, written in the first half of the race but I could stitch the rest to a coherent story. So I used chatGPT to give me a hand. I changed a lot after it but it was very helpful  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

I was surprised by how verbose you had suddenly become, now I know why 🤦😅

Thank you for the article!