News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

STUNTS - NoRH - Race | starts april 14th - Ends May 7th

Started by Daniel3D, April 09, 2023, 11:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overdrijf

I'm willing to advice on/help out with/completely handle the track/car side. Especially if it alternates with CCC. The trick is going to be finding the right complexity and length, that seems manageable.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on April 17, 2023, 11:26:37 AMI'm willing to advice on/help out with/completely handle the track/car side. Especially if it alternates with CCC. The trick is going to be finding the right complexity and length, that seems manageable.
That idea is on hold for the moment because somebody had to burst the bubble.
I don't feel like putting effort into it if trust in other players is so low.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Argammon

In other news, I stupidly crashed an even better lap in the high curve.  >:(

You cannot view this attachment.

Overdrijf

I just got a 2:18.70 driving without sound at work. I feel much more proud of that than I should. (That is to say: my pride is a positive value.)

Overdrijf

I really, really love this track for NoRH. It's so good.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on April 22, 2023, 01:17:11 PMI really, really love this track for NoRH. It's so good.
I agree. CAS made a good track for the live race back then. Easy to adapt to a normal track. I'm glad it works so well as I hoped it would.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

But even more than that, it feels designed for this race with this car, and very well designed at that.

The first corner is just easy enough to take at full speed pretty consistently, then there's a combo that gets you to full speed reliably, there's just enough room after the loop to make for a very strategic decision, then there's a few slightly different corners, the one blocked by a slalom, the elevated one, and the one with the cork and the tunnel. There's even a few of those tricks that make you think "should I go for that?" (the loopcut, the slalomcut, the speedup on the pipe). It's allround awesome.

alanrotoi

Daniel3D

I can disable automatic publishing of the replays. But that would mean you and I will have to verify each replay. Now anyone is able do that if they want.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Argammon

Perhaps you could at least move the deadline so that the race does not end during central European sleeping time?  ;)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Argammon on April 22, 2023, 08:09:53 PMPerhaps you could at least move the deadline so that the race does not end during central European sleeping time?  ;)
I can only set a date at the moment. To influence the time I have to look at Duplode for a update of the site.

Around 22:00 EST would benefit everyone I think. (Maybe inconvenient for Australia but I think that it will be early morning there. Not middle of the night for any current players.

A countdown timer like ZakStunts would not be unnecessary either.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on April 22, 2023, 06:40:40 PMI can disable automatic publishing of the replays. But that would mean you and I will have to verify each replay. Now anyone is able do that if they want.

A bit late for that but if you organize another race replays should be hidden (at least we should have the choice).

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 22, 2023, 11:56:56 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on April 22, 2023, 06:40:40 PMI can disable automatic publishing of the replays. But that would mean you and I will have to verify each replay. Now anyone is able do that if they want.

A bit late for that but if you organize another race replays should be hidden (at least we should have the choice).
A can turn it on or of at any time. But there is no choice for the player.
I could disable it for the last week.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Overdrijf

Honestly, if you are going to consider doing hidden replays because Alan asked, maybe also consider not letting Alan be the one who verifies everyone else's replays.

Nothing personal, and I regret that this proposal saddles you personally with even more work, but giving such a competitive player such an information advantage is going to lead to questions sooner or later. Especially if they were the one calling for having the information secret to begin with.

Duplode

Two simple options here:

• Keep replays public, as they are right now.
  • Hide replays, provisionally accept them by default as in CCC, and verify the final laps after the deadline.

Personally, I'm okay with things as they are, but don't really care either way. The only thing that's not worth it is over-complicating the procedures, whatever you decide to do about it.