News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts trials

Started by mrdries, May 10, 2023, 08:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

I haven't tried yours yet. But I guess you can always make it more challenging with a slower car  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

mrdries

Trial 3 and 4 are possible with the Jaguar. Extra tricky.  8)

Oops... made one more... going back and forth 5 times along that long stretch of road, just to escape it. Had to try one jump beforehand. Pretty crazy...

Edit: There was a possible shortcut. Made a small correction and tested it again.

You cannot view this attachment.

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

mrdries

Thanks, man!

I might be running out of ideas. I made one more track. I called it TRIAL6. But I should have called it LIL_JOKE.  :)  Makes you go back and forth 4 times, including 2 times on the grassy strip between the roads. Really, really silly!  :)

Well, thanks anyhow, for letting me post all these tracks here. Perhaps this will be the last one for a while.

Cas

I'm feeling it might be possible to turn around on the boulevard without having to go to the end of the highway. I should give it a try

mrdries

Yeah, I tried it with the Indy. Couldn't make it. Don't know if it's possible. Perhaps a car with a smaller turning radius. It has to be a fast car though. Barely made the jump at the end with the Porsche 962.

mrdries

Well, okay. I have one more trick. Don't know if it's been done before.
Here is trial 7:

So, how to finish it as fast as possible? Seems very hard to make the jump at the beginning. Though you can take the road below. You go through the tunnels and through the pipes. And then the road splits.

If you take a left turn, you can finish but with a huge penalty time of more than 6 minutes.

So what if you didn't go left and go straight ahead instead? Well, all fine, you take a different road but you can't seem to cross the bridge. Though you can jump down on the dirt road. Now you can go through these tunnels and pipes once more. So what difference does that make?

Well, if you now take the left turn, you won't get the penalty time. Because, according to Stunts, you took a different road. Because you passed that little hill with the icy road before. So now you can go ahead and finish without penalty time.

So it's a way of letting you do the same road twice.

Cas

Very interesting trick!  The logic of Stunts can sometimes appear very random

mrdries

Thanks, I'm glad it worked. Sometimes it looks very random indeed.

I think I might make 10 trials in total. Still have a bit of trickery and unexpected stunts. Here is trial 8. A bit longer. Not easy.

I hope some people will play these later on in some competition or in some collection. It has been quite an exploration. Lots of things I didn't expect. Lots of fun little tricks that might be useful to someone that wants to design an unusual track.

dreadnaut

I quite enjoyed #8, thank you!

Daniel3D

Still have to tryout this...
But since I am not very skilled. I think that I'll try with a motorcycle first..
Edison once said,
---------
---------

mrdries

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.  :)

Haven't tried the motorcycle myself. I'll have to try it myself. Don't think I'm that skilled myself. Had to give it lots of attempts to finish it.

As a side question, I noticed you can put blue formula 1 cars on the map as some kind of scenery. The Bliss software lets me do it. Though I drive through them.

Now, if I were to design a "car" that happened to be shaped like umm... a wall... could I put that wall on the map just like it's possible with those blue formula 1 cars?

I'd drive through it. But even then, if I could give that wall a grey color, it might look a little like mist. Taking away the visibility. Might look kind of cool. Though I'm not sure it's even possible to make a car as long as a tile.

And I forgot that other people would have to import that "car", in order to see it on their map...

Daniel3D

The cars are connected to the player and opponent car that is selected.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

mrdries

Thanks, I looked over that.

Probably too weird to do. If I would be able to design a car that didn't look like a car but looked instead like... I don't know... a rock... And if that car had the lowest top speed and acceleration possible, then I could give my opponent this rock as a car and place rocks all over the terrain. Don't think I'll be doing that.

mrdries

Okay, trial 9 is finished.

I'm really out of ideas after all.
This will be the last one. Unless I could make new stunts by designing a new track element. Though if I understand it correctly, it's only possible to create new cars?