News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

CCC002 - Battle for Power part 2 - Free the Genie

Started by alanrotoi, March 20, 2023, 03:10:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Race deadline: 2023-04-09 23:59 UTC

This time you'll have the same pack of cars, all the power gear cars: Porsche March INDY, Ferrari GTO, Corvette ZR-1, Acura NSX, Xylocaine, Ford Crown Victoria (Police Interceptor) and Packard Eight.

Now the task is the opposite, you'll find quiet easy how to reach Power Gear! Start your engines, fasten your seatbelts, enjoy this power gear track and free the Genie!!

Duplode

First evening impressions:

• The Packard is interesting as a powergear car as well. Sometimes it brings to mind one or another traditional PG cars, but it also has a flavour of its own.
  • The Crown Victoria doesn't seem to be fully a PG car: like the Indy, it shoots up to max RPM on a loop in 4th gear, but the speed is not sustained on grass. (Either that, or I'm missing something...)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on March 21, 2023, 03:24:54 AMFirst evening impressions:

• The Packard is interesting as a powergear car as well. Sometimes it brings to mind one or another traditional PG cars, but it also has a flavour of its own.
  • The Crown Victoria doesn't seem to be fully a PG car: like the Indy, it shoots up to max RPM on a loop in 4th gear, but the speed is not sustained on grass. (Either that, or I'm missing something...)

Thanks for testing! I'll try to reply your observations. The Packard is a fine car with PG, the more I race it the more I love. I suspect it has a tricky way of handling to use the PG the best way somebody will find.
The Crown Victoria as you said isn't a fully PG car. It has PG but it's limited. You'll reach it after few jumps or in a loop but it only works on the road. It's impossible to hold it on the grass and it is limited at 200mph. All of these because it only has 4 gears. Also this car has a very high grip value allowing you to turn corners faster than original street cars. This feature is meant to emulate the Test Drive II version of this car in the highest difficulty. The police cars doesn't slowdown in the corners where the player must to avoid a crash. That's why it feels a bit artificial when you turn a corner.