News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Just recovered some of my tracks from 1992-1994 from a floppy disk!!!

Started by dukeofurl, December 10, 2023, 07:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on March 03, 2024, 07:15:09 PM'92 through '94 is also the time when I built my own early tracks. Miss that time!
To many holes in my memory to be Sure. I know i bought my own computer (because I was unsatisfied with the quality of the one provided by my partners) shortly before going to Colombia on holiday. That was december 1996.
I know that around that time (before or after) my parents deforced and we moved out.
The new house had a gigantic desk for my computer. But I have no idea what the arrangements for that were in the old house..m.. so I think I started using stunts in 1997, probably not before.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

dukeofurl

By the way, I have been playing some stunts on my 386 and for whatever reason, Stunts 1.1 crashes immediately after the "loading stunts" message and locks up the machine.  It is a good version that I've used successfully in dosbox...  I used my disks to install the original copy I have - that appears to be version 1.0 and that works just fine, I wonder why.

Duplode

Wild guess: are you starting that 1.1 version with a crack or with the original executable? (It doesn't sound likely that the crack is at fault, but it might be worth checking just in case.)

Cas

On the true DOS system, have you tried running Stunts with LoadFix or LoadHigh?  Some differences in emulation have to do with the usage of the high segments in the first megabyte, because these were not very clearly defined in DOS. Sometimes, EMM386 or the UMB (upper memory block) configuration in your config sys would expect there to be RAM at some of those regions, but some motherboards would have something else. I have no idea what DOSBox does with it.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Try running my anniversary edition (new original) it doesn't need a crack and it is more memory friendly than the original.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)