News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Live races 2024

Started by dreadnaut, January 08, 2024, 08:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 10, 2022, 12:52:25 AMThe live race calendar for 2022 was a great success: we had three well attended and exciting events, a record in recent years!

Do we want to run something similar next year? Or do we want to try four events this time?

Records? We are made for breaking records. But I'm going to leave this to you folks this year. After a great 2023, what's the plan for 2024?

alanrotoi

I vote for 4 races as standard and then we would eventually add more in the way.

Overdrijf

Four worked pretty well laat year. Created some room to experiment with the ruleset too.

dreadnaut

Yes, I really enjoyed the variation. Which schedule would you use?

Erik Barros

I think live races are wonderful, I would like to increase my involvement with the community, I don't have the experience to lead a race but I would love to help organize one of the stages.

dreadnaut

You can be "second organiser" on one of the events, and you'll learn the ropes in no time!

Cas

I too think that four was a good wheel number ;D  I would like to organise one of them this year
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

alanrotoi

I want to organize a live race. I have an idea 8) how we set the schedule.

dreadnaut

Quote from: dreadnaut on January 08, 2024, 08:14:22 PMBut I'm going to leave this to you folks this year.

Someone else will have to take initiative here. You 🫵 are the right person for the job!

1. propose some dates
2. prod people to sign-up
3. create a calendar

Cas

Alright... so how about four live race events this year?  Like we've done before, the four of them on a weekend and for each case, we decide on which day and time within the weekend. To split them more or less evenly, I'd suggest something like:

• First event: March
  • Second event: May
  • Third event: August
  • Fourth event: November

By default, say, second weekend of each of these months, but the organisers can pick another weekend in the same month. This is just an idea. I would happily pick the first or second event and optionally accept a co-organiser.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

Sounds good.

@alanrotoi as our first volunteer: would March work for your idea? And if so, since it's pretty close already, do you have a weekend of preference?

alanrotoi

I would. It would be at the end of March and in Sunday because I work Saturday mornings.

Chulk

Quote from: Cas on January 27, 2024, 08:01:06 PM
  • First event: March
So I have about 1 month to fix my old laptop and join... gotta get to it!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

I should really sign up for hosting one of the events -- it's been a while! Either August or May would work for me (there's some chance I won't be around for the March and November ones, depending on the exact dates).

Quote from: Chulk on February 17, 2024, 07:24:50 PMgotta get to it!

That's the spirit!  8)