News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT271 - Dopamine Pathways

Started by alanrotoi, February 12, 2024, 02:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matei

Although I do play with Stunts sometimes, what you do with these races requires wasting way too much time and I have more useful things to do. Besides, in my games, which already look and play better than Stunts, you seem to have no interest at all.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Matei on February 19, 2024, 10:32:53 PMAlthough I do play with Stunts sometimes, what you do with these races requires wasting way too much time and I have more useful things to do. Besides, in my games, which already look and play better than Stunts, you seem to have no interest at all.
To be fair to us: almost every game released in the last 30 years looks and plays, on a technical level, better than Stunts. I mean, 20 simulation steps per second? I think the only game I know that runs significantly slower than that is Pokémon Go. We all have our own reasons for liking this one very specific game so much, but none of them can be summarized as "there were no better looking games". So getting us to drop Stunts and take our whole community to another game was never going to be a matter of having a better looking game. Even if I, taking myself an example, was disgusted with the (ever joyful) look and (awesometastic) bugs of Stunts and wanted to race something better looking and smoother running I'd be in the Riptide GP community. I love those games almost half as much as I do Stunts. And outside of racing games I like The Just Cause series, the Assassins' Creed series, the Tomb Raider Games, Age of Empires and all of its spinoffs and imitators, and so many many more titles. We know we have options. that's not why we're here.

I genuinly feel you do, maybe partly on accident, make a beautiful point here. We all have our own priorities with our time. We all write things, read things, play things, watch things, and we all continuously make choices on what to write, read, play and watch. We're all way into adulthood here, you and me and everybody, we all have our own lives. For me time spent playing Stunts will never be wasted. Your time will never be wasted writing articles and linking people to cool songs. But that doesn't mean we have to agree on which one feels like a waste and which one doesn't.

A few people here checked your game out, gave feedback. I saw a conversation in which technical tips were being swapped making everyone's projects better. good stuff. I might check the game out too, later, sometime. But at the current moment my free time is filled up just the way I like it.

...Wait, let's climb that hill, maybe we can still see the original topic of this thread from there.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Matei on February 19, 2024, 10:32:53 PMI have more useful things to do.

If racing in Zakstunts isn't useful for you then you didn't get it at all.

dreadnaut

QuoteConscious movement starts in the prefrontal cortex, the loops and corks region.

And that's how I will always think of the prefrontal cortex, whenever I see a brain diagram. The loops and corks region 🤦 Thank you @Overdrijf ;D

Matei

I have no interest in getting anyone to drop Stunts or these races, it's a very good thing that they happen, just don't ask me to take part in one. If it wasn't for these things I wouldn't be writing here now and as long as this continues, new tracks will be made, which I will soon be able to use in my game. I don't like to edit tracks, so I have to get them from somewhere.

However, most of those games from the last 30 years are only superficially (i.e. not really) better than Stunts, because almost none of them simulates the cars properly. The newest one I played is Gran Turismo 6 and it's garbage. The simulation is not even 3D.

[edit]
Racing in Zakstunts is useful for me, but it is not useful that I race there.
[/edit]

alanrotoi

I would like to see a story mode with Stunts cars and characters like in NFSU2 8)

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on February 19, 2024, 11:18:46 PM...Wait, let's climb that hill, maybe we can still see the original topic of this thread from there.

So... it seems we have a full set of friendly names for the track sections this time: brain stem, middle brain, cerebellum, hypothalamus (?), prefrontal cortex, premotor and motor cortex, and optical cortex  :D

Matei

Matthew 4:8: "Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;"

Most likely, Jesus couldn't really see all the kingdoms of the world, just like we won't see the original topic, whatever we climb, because it's on the other page.

For people accusing me of trying to get anyone to drop anything in favour of my games:

https://matei.one/games.html

This is a game made by someone else and it's presented on a page from my site, which has a category called "Games", for games made by other people. Not only am I not trying to get anyone to drop or leave anything, but I'm showing other people's work on my site. The game is called "CSTUNTS", btw. The guy who made it had a site, but:

http://nerdofalgorithms.altervista.org/

QuoteThe web site has been archived, access to the control panel to restore it.

[edit]
I made an account here to post messages at "Association game", but I actually play association game everywhere... I hope it's not too much of a problem.
[/edit]

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on February 20, 2024, 02:17:13 AMSo... it seems we have a full set of friendly names for the track sections this time: brain stem, middle brain, cerebellum, hypothalamus (?), prefrontal cortex, premotor and motor cortex, and optical cortex  :D
Huh, yeah, that works.

The hypothalamus is a little off (hippocampus could be an alternative but would basically be off by the same amount) and the optical cortex is only a smallish part of the sector, but as racing section names they work nicely.

"Transitioning from the prefrontal to the motor cortex I build up plenty of speed, but the trick is keeping it building towards the optical cortex."

Yeah, thanks, good terminological move.

alanrotoi

What are the secrets of this track?

Duplode

There were quite a few things to be revealed!

• In the end, the P962 edged ahead, though there were plenty of solid Thunderbird and Stratos laps. (For a track this long, the gaps were fairly small overall!)
  • At the western/"frontal" section, Alan and Frieshansen went for a lovely alternative line! I think it is an additional example of the three-element loophole discussed in this thread.
  • Beyond Overdrijf and me on the P962, there were cork jump cuts in the Carrera replays by Spoonboy and me, and also in Alan's strong 2:37.65/2:02.97. I wonder how the Stratos would have fared on the Doubleplusspeed alternative line, though the first loop jump might be a big hurdle.
  • From the second loop to the beginning of the northern/"motor" ramp chain, Alan and me -- on very different lines -- had exactly the same sector time! (Though do note that Overdrijf was faster by two tenths there!)
  • To see even more of the track, have a look at @Ryoma's P962 replay -- fun stuff  :)

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on March 10, 2024, 03:31:13 AMTo see even more of the track, have a look at @Ryoma's P962 replay -- fun stuff  :)

O, nice, that is so cool! I love the way he rejoins the actual track.