News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

4D Sports Driving Master Tracks I

Started by Daniel3D, March 15, 2024, 04:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Sometimes you stumble onto something nobody knew yet.
This is one, some time shortly after the release of the Amiga version a track pack was released for the Amiga scene.

The exact details are a bit vague, maybe we discover some more about it. But we have the tracks (well duplode found the tracks, I just found a reference to them)

So here they are.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on March 15, 2024, 05:18:47 PMHow many tracks are they?
10 new tracks for use with 4D SPORTS DRIVING are contained on this disk (in a zip now obviously),
And they are actually old. April 4th 1992.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Cas

Just took a look at them. Pretty poor, really... but they are truly old, which gives them value. The tracks that come with Stunts are much better, although not nearly as good as the tracks we make in the community.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Looking at the tracks, they are not awful.
Quite what you expect at that time.
Clearly they hadn't found out about the Shift-F1 terrain editor..

| bends | cheap | Dizzy | drive |
|             | Last. | Loopy |             |
| Ploy  | Raven | Sleepy | Sunday |.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

One mystery here is who were Bitmask Softworks, the creators of the "expansion pack". So far no references online have come up about them other than credits for Master Tracks I on several database entries (Bitworld, Hall of Light, GameFAQs).

Shoegazing Leo

Review #1 - Bends

Very long track. I raced 4:39.20 with Lola. Poor scenery. A lot of elements in the start, but the final part is a lot of flat tracks and sharp corners.

2/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #2 - Cheap

I liked the lenght. I raced 1:34.20 with Lola. Poor scenery too and very few elements. The most defying sector is the jumps with breaking near the fence.

2.5/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #3 - Dizzy

A little bit longer. 3:12.50 with Lola. No scenery like the other two. The concept is a lot of circular entrances and exits in the first part and blind jumps.

2.5/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #4 - Drive

It's almost a square track I had in my first Stunts around 1997. But there are some loops and blind transition between two tunnels. I raced 2:27.35 with Lola. No scenery.

3/5 stars

dreadnaut

I like this!

Review #-1 - Sunday

Medium-long track, mainly straight section separated by narrow corners. A couple of jump sequences, the first one requires careful breaking because it leads straight into the first corner. No scenery, but decent use of the landscape.

2:45 with the Lola (always a fun car!)

2/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #5 - Last

A little long, but with some good elements. I raced 3:34.30 with Lola. These laps are not really competitive with a lot of errors. No scenery, but finally a corkscrew.

3.25/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #6 - Loopy

Very short and simple. One loop in a sector, two sequencial loops in the other. I raced 0:49.05 with a lot of errors and Lola.

2.5/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #7 - Ploy

A good lenght, but unnecessary straightways. A good blend of elements. I raced 2:25;50 with Lola.

3/5 stars

Shoegazing Leo

Review #8 - Raven

I loved the jump/tunnel/corkscrew sequence. The most inspirated sector so far. I raced a 2:27.65 with Lola.

3.25/5 stars