News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Wiki Catalogue Of Composite Track Elements

Started by mrdries, March 21, 2024, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdries

Quote from: Duplode on April 07, 2024, 06:15:31 PMLovely flow of those bridge esses in 28i.trk! @mrdries I think you'll enjoy driving on ZCT273 -- some of the combos are inspired by the catalogue  :)

Thanks!

Makes me so happy. Big chicane corners.

Well, here are some more, these may be the last for a while.
That last one is just a little bit silly too.

You cannot view this attachment.

dreadnaut

Love the tunnel roof to cork u/d transition!

mrdries

Yeah, that's cool. Makes me think that you could go off the roof of a tunnel straight into a cork. Never tried it.

Open to anyone to add things.
I just went through all the tracks that I had made.
If I could put tracks online somewhere, then people could just copy and paste... and try out these weird tracks.

Cas

I wish I could somehow make Bliss more clearly display what's going on when you do illusion on tracks, but it's really hard. The elements look amazing while driving, though!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

mrdries

Quote from: Cas on April 08, 2024, 08:57:29 PMI wish I could somehow make Bliss more clearly display what's going on when you do illusion on tracks, but it's really hard. The elements look amazing while driving, though!

Oh man, Bliss is amazing stuff.
Truly, the work that must go in making things like that... pfew..

I don't know if I'm missing something when making tracks, cause I haven't figured everything out yet.

I mean, I can overlap track elements, I can copy paste a part of a track element when an overlapping track element took that part away. And that's everything I've done so far.

Cas

It's a surgical process. Sometimes, what you see in the editor may be deceiving and the resulting composed track piece doesn't work as expected, but some combinations are just perfect.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

mrdries

Yeah, this is smoother, that trick was around but didn't think of using it like this. I'll update the Wiki gradually.

mrdries

Like this one, it looks perfectly legit to me.

mrdries

Few more tricks, just so you know, added them to the catalogue. I think this must be mostly done by now.

mrdries

One last trick perhaps.  :)

Duplode

Borrowing the thread for a moment, here are a few more u/d cork composites. Clockwise from the top:

• A bridge chicane, as seen in ZCT106 and ZCT230 (though note the one here has the other possible orienation: west-to-east, left-right).
  • A walled chicane, as seen in the currently running ZCT273 (the same goes for its orientation). It is assembled in pretty much the same way as the bridge chicane, only matching the lower parts of the u/d corks rather than the upper ones.
  • A walled 90 degree sharp turn, based on a suggestion by @Daniel3D . Though the illusion is a bit rough, as you only see the banked piece at the exit when you're on it, that's arguably not a big deal as the landing is pretty straightforward.
  • An S-ramp (though in this orientation you might prefer calling it a Z-ramp).

mrdries

Feel free to add them.

mrdries

Here are all the compilations as track files.
You can do with it as you see fit.

I had already added the ZTC273 trick. Track looks amazing, btw.
I did my job. I have to carry it over now.

Wish you the best. Hope your community will open up even more.

Daniel3D

Quote from: mrdries on April 13, 2024, 10:22:22 AMWish you the best. Hope your community will open up even more.
Well, I hope you're not leaving because you didn't feel welcomed.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and wonderful collection of track building ideas.

As Douglas Adams would say..
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)