News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Time Warp - (2024-07-14)

Started by alanrotoi, July 10, 2024, 10:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

You cannot view this attachment.

Next Live race this Sunday 14th of July!!

09:00 Buenos Aires
09:00 São Paulo
13:00 London
14:00 Amsterdam
14:00 Rome
14:00 Budapest
22:00 Brisbane

The futuristic past sorrounds us like space-time. The futuristic and innovative designs of the past invade us and are present at this event. We can see how a time warp opens and a new car emerges: Baronetti HEXA.

We are destined to travel the time warp track in an infinite loop until be free at the 8th minute. The space-time is different here because we'll need 12 minutes to race those 8 minutes.

This is the map of a version of Timewarp track. The idea is to have a basic known of the track to have a fair  and tight race without surprises. This is an explanation about the wave we have to travel to be free from the time warp. Follow the next dance steps: 1st hill, put your hands in your hips. 2nd bridge, a jump to the right. 3rd bridge, jump to the left. Follow the red arrows 8)

Baronetti HEXA is attached below or you can download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AzygcVvcjFh2vc81DErwswDneEmfgXRO/view?usp=drive_link

dreadnaut

Wooo! Hopefully I can make time for it. I'll have to practice with the Baronetti though, I've never used it in a race.

I'm attaching a jpeg version of the image, which is much lighter, and I'll sneak it in the opening post ;)

Erik Barros

Very cool, I'm in for this race.

Quote from: dreadnaut on July 10, 2024, 11:12:18 PMI'll have to practice with the Baronetti though, I've never used it in a race.

No one has used this model yet  ;D

dreadnaut

So live race and car reveal? 😱

alanrotoi

This is the map of a version of Timewarp track. The idea is to have a basic known of the track to have a fair  and tight race without surprises. This is an explanation about the wave we have to travel to be free from the time warp. Follow the next dance steps: 1st hill, put your hands in your hips. 2nd bridge, a jump to the right. 3rd bridge, jump to the left. Follow the red arrows 8)

Spoonboy

Looks fun and the HEXA is a starship  ;)

Can someone give me a one paragraph description of how to compete?
How does the time/lap limit work?
Are there multiple paths?
Not sure if it's the same in every live race.

PM is fine, or just a general idea of what to expect on here, as I may have to act fast if I do get the chance.
Or jump to an alternate dimension!  ;)

Erik Barros

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMCan someone give me a one paragraph description of how to compete?

Players meet in the chat on the agreed day and time, the final track is published on the forum, everyone downloads and configures the game for the agreed track and car, the timer is started in the chat and everyone must send the 8-minute replay within 12 minutes after the timer is started. Whoever gets the furthest wins.

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMHow does the time/lap limit work?

It is necessary to send an 8-minute replay, but this replay must be done in a maximum of 12 minutes. Everyone starts at the same time

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMAre there multiple paths?

Generally no, the tracks don't usually have very complex routes as time is short, basically RH is only used to recover from a crash or when going off track.

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMNot sure if it's the same in every live race.

In the last few races @Overdrijf presented a slightly different format, but generally the rules are very clear so that no one has any problems. Basically you need to go as far as possible in 8 minutes.

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMPM is fine, or just a general idea of what to expect on here, as I may have to act fast if I do get the chance.
Or jump to an alternate dimension!  ;)

Live races have a unique dynamic, it's a really high adrenaline rush, basically in a noRH race, you don't have much time to correct mistakes. I hope you can participate

Duplode

Count me in as well!!

Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMCan someone give me a one paragraph description of how to compete?

From the "Go!" command in the chat room, you'll have 12 minutes of actual time to both complete an replay that's 8 minutes long in-game and post it here on the race topic. Don't try to cross the finish line at the end, just keep driving laps around the track. The results are according to the number of completed laps, then by how far along you are at 8:00.00 in the final, incomplete lap. RH is allowed, but don't get carried away or you won't be able to finish in time.

(These are the "Le Stunts" rules, the most common ones in our live races -- but indeed not the only ones!)

It's a good idea to have a countdown timer or something else to keep track of time next to you, and also to set "Don't warn on new replies made while posting" in your Look and Layout settings so that simultaneous posts during the deadline rush don't delay you when posting your replay.

alanrotoi

Thanks @Erik Barros and @Duplode, that's right, those are the rules. At the time in the chatroom I'll publish the real track which is pretyy similar but with few changes. I published the main jumps and the car so early to let people practice. The car isn't hard to handle but better know its limits, breaks, speed and grip.

Oh and I'll prepair a secondary track and car in case we want more after the Time Warp ;)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Erik Barros on July 12, 2024, 02:11:42 AM
Quote from: Spoonboy on July 11, 2024, 11:22:15 PMAre there multiple paths?
Generally no, the tracks don't usually have very complex routes as time is short, basically RH is only used to recover from a crash or when going off track.

Live races have a unique dynamic, it's a really high adrenaline rush, basically in a noRH race, you don't have much time to correct mistakes. I hope you can participate
You have time to get ready for the start, but after the go you have 12 minutes to;
  • Drive for 8 minutes,
  • Save and upload the replay (+-1 minute)

So no time for perfection in Replay Handling, RH
But only time to recover from crashes or major mistakes, CR < Crash Recovery
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Spoonboy

Thanks guys! Extremely unlikely I'll be able to schedule some time away this specifically, but I'll getbit set up as much as I can just in case.
Even if I can't race, I'll try some dummy runs (from the future!) as practice for another time.

alanrotoi

That's the spirit! 8) You're welcome in the way you can :D

Cas

Hey, I'm in, of course!  Hope @Spoonboy can join!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Quote from: dreadnaut on July 10, 2024, 11:12:18 PMWooo! Hopefully I can make time for it. I'll have to practice with the Baronetti though, I've never used it in a race.

I'm attaching a jpeg version of the image, which is much lighter, and I'll sneak it in the opening post ;)

Ooh I changed the image. I hope it's lighter too.

BTW, we could choose colors:

dreadnaut

Red for me, please!

Whops, just realised I probably won't make it back home in time for the race on Sunday :(  But I'll try!