News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

B teams

Started by Duplode, September 15, 2024, 04:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Barros

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 13, 2024, 01:13:52 AMCars in the UK sometimes have "Learner" stickers. Italy has "P" for principiante (beginner). Is there anything similar around the world?

You cannot view this attachment.

If there's something similar in other places, it could be a decent icon.

interesting concept, here in Brazil only the license is different, it is a provisional one that lasts 1 year. but many people put stickers on their own to let people know they are learning to drive.

Erik Barros

Maybe a Bernie Rubber icon for padawans  ;D

Duplode

In which case the alumni icon should of course be Otto  ;D

Overdrijf

Quote from: Duplode on October 13, 2024, 03:03:43 PMIn which case the alumni icon should of course be Otto  ;D

True, Otto is kind of the club boater of the Stunts world. Or at least a veteran.

Duplode

The video title even says "Otto the Club Boater", doesn't it? ;D

By the way, if the portraits of Bernie and Otto are too large for the desired icon size...

... we might instead use a subtle nod to them:

Or, remixing that with @dreadnaut 's idea:

Also, there's always the option of (ab)using emoji. There are initials for both Principiante and Alumni, and even for B-team:

alecu

Quote from: Erik Barros on October 13, 2024, 02:42:24 AM
Quote from: dreadnaut on October 13, 2024, 01:13:52 AMCars in the UK sometimes have "Learner" stickers. Italy has "P" for principiante (beginner). Is there anything similar around the world?

You cannot view this attachment.

If there's something similar in other places, it could be a decent icon.

interesting concept, here in Brazil only the license is different, it is a provisional one that lasts 1 year. but many people put stickers on their own to let people know they are learning to drive.

In my country (Romania) the beginner symbol at drivers was the black exclamation sign on a yellow background, the sign being cut in round shape. It is usable for only 1 year. It was put in the rear and in the front windows.

Cas

We don't have a clear logo here. It's usually just a simple sign that reads "PRINCIPIANTE" ("beginner")
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

I'm thinking to go for "Apprentice" and "Emeritus", small icons next to the name look good, and adding a tooltip should not be a problem.

(Not urgent, but would there be any connections or constraints between Apprentices and Amateurs?)

alanrotoi