News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

TrackMania

Started by Visitor, August 12, 2003, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

13 gold medals and counting... :) :) :)  Got it today, and yes, it's really cool. Specially how TM captures the Simple Gameplay/Tricky Gameplay duality so typical of Stunts. And I haven't even touched the editor yet! You'll later find me online under my usual nickname - my only fear is whether my slowish (96kbps) connection could cause troble...

Krys TOFF

Connection with dial-up modem is not a problem as long as you don't want to host a server. Maybe sometimes you'll have to wait a fow seconds more for track loading (that is, if race is 5 minutes per track, you may have only 4'45 or even 4'30 only to race if track is big because it will take a few seconds more to load for you than for others with high-speed connection), but that's all.

Duplode

Good to know... :) I'm lucky that my conection is not a true dial-up, but a shared ASDL (regular dial-ups here in São Paulo are really, really crappy...).

dstien

Tracks, avatars and skins are exchanged when loading online games, that may suck some bandwidth. Like all other online real-time games connection latency is the most important factor.

But be carefull, this game is highly addictive. It'll affect your Stunts research. ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: dstien
Tracks, avatars and skins are exchanged when loading online games, that may suck some bandwidth. Like all other online real-time games connection latency is the most important factor.
This is right, I forgot to mention it.
You should disable this with a dial-up modem for sure. Not because of avatars or car colors (they are small files), but because of custom cars.
to be sure there's no prolem like that, when we will plan a game together I'll use the free version of the game : I have no custom car installed in this one.

Quote from: dstien
But be carefull, this game is highly addictive. It'll affect your Stunts research. ;)
And you only know 1/7th of the game with only the stadium environnement with the free version.
My favorites environnements are rally and coast.

Paleke

Alright, now that I have internet back on mi computer, I can try to play TMNF online. My nick is Paleke (of course ;D).
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Krys TOFF

The first video of Nintendo DS version of TrackMania are available.
Only 3 of the 7 original environnements of TMU will be present : stadium, desert and rally.
Trailer : http://www.jeuxvideopc.com/video/streaming_big-12872-trailer-2.php

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Paleke on June 28, 2008, 12:38:12 AM
Alright, now that I have internet back on mi computer, I can try to play TMNF online. My nick is Paleke (of course ;D).
It seems you like the game, don't you ?

Paleke

Yep, I started to play again last week after a month off (when I left I was ranked 65000 and climbing ;D), and wandering around the internet I found that userbar, and I thought "hey, that's cool".
I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus against the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.

Duplode

I also returned to play a bit this awesomely unforgiving game, and at last finished Tier C/Blue in single player mode. Anyway, to open B-14 track (at least while online, it becomes available if I pull off my network cable) the game tells me to "challenge a player by link or file". Could any of you guys "assist" me with that? :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on August 20, 2008, 05:11:50 PM
I also returned to play a bit this awesomely unforgiving game, and at last finished Tier C/Blue in single player mode. Anyway, to open B-14 track (at least while online, it becomes available if I pull off my network cable) the game tells me to "challenge a player by link or file". Could any of you guys "assist" me with that? :)
???
Do you play TMNF or TMUF ? I never got such a message (but I never play too much the solo campain, I prefer online challenges).

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 21, 2008, 11:21:44 AM
???
Do you play TMNF or TMUF ? I never got such a message (but I never play too much the solo campain, I prefer online challenges).

I'm playing TMNF. Most likely due to the nature of that version, there are a few "community" goals in the solo mode (invite someone via mail, get 1000 ladder points, etc.). This time, it seems I'm supposed to "send" a lap to another player using a "Challenge Other Players" button in the replay menu after I finish a lap...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Duplode on August 22, 2008, 01:15:06 PM
Quote from: Krys TOFF on August 21, 2008, 11:21:44 AM
???

I'm playing TMNF. Most likely due to the nature of that version, there are a few "community" goals in the solo mode (invite someone via mail, get 1000 ladder points, etc.). This time, it seems I'm supposed to "send" a lap to another player using a "Challenge Other Players" button in the replay menu after I finish a lap...
OK then, send it to me, my nick is krystoff. I hope it works even if I play TMUF full version. ;)

Duplode

Well, it turned out that I didn't need to actually send you my lap - only using the option to export the replay to a .gbx file was enough for unlocking B14. Nevertheless, thanks  :) And just for the sake of it, here is a fresh gold medal lap in case you wish to try and beat it. But be wary, D05 is a mean and cruel track...

Krys TOFF

I'll have to install TMNF before then. Tracks are different in TMUF. I'm not sure the game can display the replay without the track itself.