News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

International STUNTS meeting

Started by Mingva, August 21, 2003, 01:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mingva

So, who could be a master of such meeting? Who has a big house, a bit money for food and few PCs for live race? :D

I could visit Budapest and Aarhus for sure. Don't know where live our german pipsqueaks. Also maybe (many maybe) I could fly to... airport of Buenos Aires :lol:

alanrotoi

It would be cool! There is no matter to have a guest, but I'm not rich so I only can bring you my house :).

The exchange with the local currency is 3 pesos = 1 dollar so it is very cheap for tourists. ;)

BonzaiJoe

But the airplane tickets are quite expensive :D
I can't host it because I live with my parents, am 18 (= no money) and have only one PC. I am moving away in less than a year, but I won't have more PC's then :D

JTK and KHR live in Kiel
Argammon lives in K?ln
satanziege lives in... oh where the heck was it, I always forget. Somewhere in the most western part of Germany as far as I recall.
But we can't be quite sure.

JTK

What about Denmark?
What about Hungary? (Also nice and not so expensive for travellers).
The problem is for me: Neither me nor KHR (who lives near Hameln in GER by the way) have a house and space. Cool, for me Hungary sounds goooood. Zak, do you have space enough?  ;-)

satanziege

satanziege lives in M?nster, in a 2-room flat, not enough for an international meeting, perhaps we should find a congress center ;).

Grmbl. racing doesn't yield enough money...
FNORD!

zaqrack

I can empty the flat (like send away family :)) anytime, then we have 3 rooms here, 2 for sleeping, 1 for stunts I think it should be enough. I have 3 comps + 1 amiga at home, and 2 more I have given temporarly to another ppl, so many can play at the same time :)
come whenever you like to! :)

Zak

zaqrack

oh and I can also supply an additional 1 room flat 30 mins from here for sleeping purposes if some like more quiet (i guess such a meeting is quite loud :)

and yep, for you everything is cheap here, so just come :)

JTK

...sounds good. Also Budapest is told to be a very nice place. I vote for Hungary!

al il professore

i got a funny thing to say:

i already got two computers, i can ask friends to lend me five computers easily and because i know a cybercoffee manager,  it will be easy to rent his room for a multiplayer (16 computers in the center of hendaye) the price will be ridiculously low, my house can shelter sixteen persons easily under a roof, and eight other persons in the garden with tents in summer.

hendaye is a big train station, and there is no international airport near to me except... biarritz.

i got beach, mountains and sun all year.

but i am retiring from stunts.

from today. i cant play in competition anymore, like pershing II, roy, nailwood, alanrotoi, bismark, cap, inavoeg, i am becoming a stunts god. (and i know lots of persons hate what i represent and what i did, but hey being the best, you must pay it with something like hatred.)

of course, i give up stunts are us, france stunts and chats and forum.

I give up everything related with stunts competition except brotherhood of abandonware lovers. Of course i will not be a member of orion team anymore, and orion team will go on without me.

i guess lots of you are happy i am leaving. dont worry, i wont come back nagging you on/off track.

This is a self explanatory decision, every one of you got his answer in their selves. you can invent everything, try to guess what you need to know, i'll dream of perfect stunts and thinking of the ones i realized thanks to mingva and orion team. am out of this world.

I wish you to fight for the beautifulest replay more than the fastest one.Happy racing, good bye, la illala.

P.S. please consider that my best replay of all times was "asuncion". if someone want to be better than Alain il professore, he can try to beat my time on asuncion, with the same rules :)
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

JTK

Moi, je ne comprends rien...

:|

BonzaiJoe

Bye bye... you retire from 1st place, which is of course also good... Have a nice life.  :?
But we can't be quite sure.

zaqrack

I also tried this once, not for the reason you have now, a different one, but I couldnt stop racing and stunts.
A real stunts driver never stops, and you'll also peek on the forum many times, and later return. And then everyone will be happy about it.
For me greatest drivers arent those who are on the top of the scoreboard, but those who send replays for months and months over long-long time.
Thats my opinion.

Zak

Shoegazing Leo

Quote from: "al il professore"but i am retiring from stunts.

from today. i cant play in competition anymore, like pershing II, roy, nailwood, alanrotoi, bismark, cap, inavoeg, i am becoming a stunts god. (and i know lots of persons hate what i represent and what i did, but hey being the best, you must pay it with something like hatred.)

of course, i give up stunts are us, france stunts and chats and forum.

I give up everything related with stunts competition except brotherhood of abandonware lovers. Of course i will not be a member of orion team anymore, and orion team will go on without me.

i guess lots of you are happy i am leaving. dont worry, i wont come back nagging you on/off track.

This is a self explanatory decision, every one of you got his answer in their selves. you can invent everything, try to guess what you need to know, i'll dream of perfect stunts and thinking of the ones i realized thanks to mingva and orion team. am out of this world.

I wish you to fight for the beautifulest replay more than the fastest one.Happy racing, good bye, la illala.

P.S. please consider that my best replay of all times was "asuncion". if someone want to be better than Alain il professore, he can try to beat my time on asuncion, with the same rules :)

Why!?  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  Why!?  :cry:  :cry:  Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!???? :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

And now, he got a fast straight and reach the stars...
In the stars are a train
This is a train to the Heaven
A Railwail to Vahalla!!!

Krys TOFF

1st : the subject of this post, an International Stunts meeting.
I love the idea.
I can't make it at home because when children are there, there's no place left and because I have only one computer.
I may not be free to go to any place this meeeting would take place because of wife/sex/children/sex/work/sex/not so much holidays left/sex/and so on... It depends, but I'm not sure to be free... :(
Btw, I would love to take part of it.
Alain's proposal of cyber caf? is good. But visiting Hungary is interesting me. :wink:

2nd : Alain talked about retirement.
I think it's another joke.
I want to think it's another joke.
It has to be another joke.
I hope it is another joke.
But I can't force him to race ! :(

It's like Myron saying "when school restarts, I stop racing Stunts"

Or Argammon saying "I'm not a summer driver, maybe I'll race, maybe not, my racing period is usually november to april only, ..." :(

Or Mingva saying "I start to get bored and will race less" and really doing it... :(

Who will be the remaining Orionians ?
I mean regular Orion pipsqueak, not winter pipsqueak (Argammon) or summer pipsqueak (Myron) only, but yearly pipsqueak.
Leo and I only ?
Without Alain and Mingva as regular pipsqueak, what is Orion ?
They are the "core" of Orion. The builders of the team.
What will remain if they leave ?

If Mingva continues to get bored, he may be able to stop IRC at the end of the season.
He can do it, he thought of it last year when he finished ISA season and said "I'm not sure if I'll continue to manage this comp".
He found back motivation and made IRC. But will it be the same this year ?
I hope CTG's USC will give him back motivation when it will restart. :roll: I know he likes this comp.

Well, all I can say is that I start to worry about Orion's future...
If even Kalpen's comp revival can't give motivation to pipsqueaks, what could ?