News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Live racing guide -hints-

Started by Argammon, November 11, 2003, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

Well let me try to start a constructive topic ;)

Some may wonder how drivers like me or Bonzai Joe are that fast in live racing.

I will try to give away some of my 'tricks' in order to help others to catch up.Maybe they are usefull

1)Before you start racing take a close look at the editor and try to remember all important curves and unrisky shortcut possibilities!
That's crucial or else a corner will surprise you behind a hill forcing you to restart and you will thus lose a lot of crucial time!

2)If you are driving on an unkown track which is not to easy you might crash a lot on your first round!And if you drive on after you crashed after 15 seconds and then you crash after 30 and so on you will proly lole 8 of your 10 minutes before you get a feeling how to drive the track w/o crashing!Instead it might be a good idea to just use RH to finish your first lap EVEN if you crash several times!
Now before I hear people yelling CHEATER! let me say that you should not send in that time! You just do it to get a feeling for the track!
Once you got that feeling take the remaining time to drive for real!

3)a)Driving style: Rather break early than break to late that way u won't lose to much time in the curves.Also ALWAYS follow the easy outer to inner curve rule.

b)I am preffering a different style of driving in live races,by tapping the forward and right/left key a lot more than you would usually do in a RH race the car won't leave skid away out of a curve that easily and you will be able to drive the curves faster w/o high risk.

That's all for now hope it might help one or another ;)

al il professore

good advices... i will try to learn the driving of some cars by heart also...

because knowing how to change the gear in the right moment can save time. i dont hope to win a race, though... lets aim the second place at least.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

I use exactly the same ways as Argammon, and one more: I always drive risky in the beginning of the track, and carefully in the end. That saves time because it's not so bad to crash in the beginning.
If the track is very hard, I also do a very slow and careful replay first, just to have a finished one. Then afterwards I try harder and drive more risky.
But we can't be quite sure.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I'm also following this driving strategy. Jacky's new sentence is even more true in my case. That's why I like tracks where the beginning is hard, and the end is easy.

Live racing must be a very important thing since today the era of hex edited replays has just started. (I will NEVER hexedit my rpl.)
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km

al il professore

only the real driving gives adrenaline ;) rage against all the machines
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

Want real driving? Play Live for Speed  :D Or at least Dethkarz if you like more SciFi  :wink:

Stunts Oracle Priests

How can anyone think he can give hints to the others ?

The only one that can do that is the Stunts Oracle, our Master.

Ask Him with deference, and he may give you some of His knowledge.

Where to find Him ?

In the Stunts church, at this address : http://listen.to/stuntsoracle
The smallest signature of the Stunts community

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

My computer will be carried to Debrecen on Sunday (2/1), so I will be able to drive live again. Come to chat for live races, start your engines!!!
Chürműű! :-)

1000.08 km