News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Suggestion: Delayed Leading time calculation

Started by BonzaiJoe, January 13, 2004, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonzaiJoe

Okay, so we agree that leading time makes the elite drivers race more, because they want points, so that they can get a better place in the championship. I am perfectly aware that most drivers couldn't care less about leading time because they never reach first place anyway, but just look at Krys Toff right now, who said he was racing for leading time, because he didn't get any next year. So leading time is good for a few people - why not keep it?

Secondly, as we've agreed that only the few best pipsqueaks who want to win the championship race for leading time, that means times will be very strong from the very start of the month. If two people like myself and Argammon battle for the leading time, we can push each other very far, and consequently get times that will discourage any newbie. Imagine coming to this site, seeing 55 second times on the scoreboard, racing and getting an 1.40 time. Then what's the point of coming back? That's why I suggest that leading time is delayed, so that the strongest drivers (meaning whoever feels that his time might discourage some newbies) hold back in the beginning of the month, making the scoreboard seem more human. And what's wrong with that idea?
But we can't be quite sure.

Krys TOFF

Well, I want to say I aggree with BJ. But it may not be the perfect solution, because all top pipsqueaks will send their replays the same day and the same pipsqueaks will still have the points... Except if Damage Inc. can continue the good work. :D

I tried to fight and get leading points but failed so far.
It's not so important because one of my teammates managed to do it.
But we were too late, points are already decided : 1 for Argy, 2 for BJ.

zaqrack

at the moment CTG has almost 2 days more leading time than Arg.

Krys TOFF

Really ?
CTG could earn 1 bonus point ?
Good. :D
But the month isn't over and Argy can still send a new leading replay... :roll:

al il professore

the idea of delaying is not worth it because you seem to believe that some are not able to do the same thing like others, that they are genetically weak. I proved myself to be a hard hitter because of smtg else than the talent, (what one can call live racing)

and that can be named the rage.

noone rage against nobody if its easy to achieve it :) lets forget leading time. I dont want a newbie to lose this year championship because of the points he didnt fight for in the early year.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

BonzaiJoe

Genetically weak? Well, you're the only one who has said that.

I have the weird idea that if you've played Stunts for 9 years and won competitions you may know a bit more and be a bit more experienced than someome who comes here for the first time.

Would you say anyone could become the world champion at chess in one month? Or football?  Let's see you do it just with your rage...
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Quote from: Akoss Poo on January 13, 2004, 11:29:52 AM
Or being on 2nd place of the scoreboard should also mean 0,5 hours of leading time/hour, and on 3rd place: 0,25 hours of leading time/hour.

LOL, that sounds familiar. So the real inventor of PTB was Akoss Poo...