News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Who would be a good and fair moderator for this board?

Started by Argammon, February 17, 2004, 02:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argammon

1)Krys
2)Bonzai Joe
3)Akoss
4)Zak
5)Argammon
6)Alain
7)Mingva
8)CTG
9)Alanrotoi
10)JTK

We have not made this a poll because we would like to hear some reasons and not just a vote for one person.Other than that we respect any 'vote'.

zaqrack

I'm not in the position to vote in this question so lets just assume I voted for Neil McRae :)

Mingva

no no no, Neil is controlling one board, I don't want to see him as moderator here :lol: Besides, he don't like critics. I like current status of forum: every competition manager has his own sub-forum where he can moderate it.

Maybe Argammon could create a fair forum rules? Then, for breaking rules would be given warning. 3 warnings - ban for two weeks from forum and chat. Such situation is on major lithuanian sites with commentary abilities.
E.g., http://www.f-1.lt/.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

1 Argammon: has experiences of moderating, quite neutral, has ideas, wants peace, and he is suited to do this
2 Krys Toff: relatively old, wise, had very few arguments, the most neutral man on the board I think, lack of experience pushes him into 2nd place only
3 JTK: relatively old, wise, had very fre arguments here, has experience, and maybe he learned from his mistakes
9999999. Zak
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Argammon

For those who are sceptical against a 'mod'

First of all Zak should still 'control' the mod.That does not mean that zak makes all the decision under the mods name but that he just looks that the mod does not get powermad and bans people for nothing.

And second of all [I know that expression does not exist :X] I hope that once a mod is here there is no need for 'modding' at all because the mere presence will make this a much more friendly place.

zaqrack

Quote9999999. Zak

whoever the moderator is I still must be an admin, unless someone else hosts the site+forum on his server.

al il professore

why i cant be a mod on this board? Look: i am on it all day and night for two years, and if i become a mod, i will change into a super clean person :) after all, dont they say that the best thiefs make the best cops!

I think anyone can be a moderator here, we just need one person to do it... I dont understand why some of you consider that some persons would not do a good mod. Even Neil is available.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Argammon

I think Krys would be a good choice if he has the time.
He seems to be sensible and grown up.

CTG

al il professore

zak is a good proposal, as he did his job perfectly until now
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

My vote:

1) Zak McKracken;
2) zaqrack;
3) ZakKrack.

:D

alanrotoi

If I am the moderator and I see this "poll" I would feel insulted. So go for Zak and let's race!

Arg

LoL sorry sorry sorry that is....... ok nothing :)

Just that I created this poll just after having talking with Zak so it was kinda made under Zaks name also.And I have nothing against Zak moderating the board.(If he wants to do that)

I think alanrotoi and co don't know what moderating means.Moderatin does not mean to own the board but to stop flamewars ;) And until now nothing like that has happened (no offense Zak ;)

al il professore

ok. period.

now we got: alain and mingva and alanrotoi and argammon plus bonzai joe speaking each other with lot of energy, still facing each other, but not fighting, that is the perfect board i dream of: tensions, discussions.

only now there is a lasting crisis with akoss and... you know who, that will end soon, when they realize it must go on with this tension, discussion mood, without taking it too hard. OK we can fight on this board, its allowed and healthy, just with this experience of... what is that, holyshit! just a crisis in an healthy relationship, we didnt go too far yet, we just are placing are pawns and never gave up the match.

Now, in solving this crisis, that can take one month more (when akoss will get a girlfriend and penetrate her by all holes) we will get stronger!

I mean, noone quit (time used for 'quit'=the perfect) the community yet, and this can still go on together a long time. Only, akoss must get more confidence on the track, and aim only to be on the podium, and not more, for now, because the competition level is stallin HIGH in 2004. And i truly think that aiming the podium is for now my humble goal too...

alanrotoi

I know what moderating means I am moderator of some forums. I didn't want to insult you Argammon if I did my apologizes. Could you stop watching me as your enemy?

I think this is not the solution, we are only few people and everybody can moderate hisself. If a moderator is needed is because the people here are not real friends or chatfriends and the respect is foreign.

The existence of a moderator here shows the decadence of the community. (There are moderators in every sub-forum but we know it's for a different reason).

Nobody wants to slow down and everyday is a harder fight. It is a general whim and seems nobody knows it is destroying everything we built.

Think: What would you say about this community if you join right now? ..... Yes me too: "What a shit!"

PD:Victims: All.
    Winner: Nobody.