News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT 79

Started by CTG, August 08, 2007, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 21, 2007, 09:48:10 AM
Quote from: Simon82 on December 20, 2007, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 20, 2007, 10:55:42 AM
You can play it from Windows though...
I wont to appear paranoic (;D) but even in Windows Xp emulation there's something that is different in the general feeling of the gameplay that is wrong. I feel it immediately when you play... I'm the only? Try well and maybe you'll feel it.

You're not the only one. There is a delay of about 0.3 seconds every time you push a button. But you get used to it... I've been racing on XP for the last 2.5 years.

I also use XP for ages - but it worked fine before I had to change keyboard.

CTG

Default live noRH video will be available soon at YouTube. ;)

CTG

Krys TOFF

Simon82

Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 21, 2007, 09:48:10 AM
Quote from: Simon82 on December 20, 2007, 11:23:20 AM
Quote from: BonzaiJoe on December 20, 2007, 10:55:42 AM
You can play it from Windows though...
I wont to appear paranoic (;D) but even in Windows Xp emulation there's something that is different in the general feeling of the gameplay that is wrong. I feel it immediately when you play... I'm the only? Try well and maybe you'll feel it.

You're not the only one. There is a delay of about 0.3 seconds every time you push a button. But you get used to it... I've been racing on XP for the last 2.5 years.
I hate it. I don't want to get used to it. This evening I format my computer, create a C: FAT partition with best os ever created (MSDOS 6.22) and install xp on a second NTFS partition.

Chulk

Quote from: Simon82 on December 21, 2007, 11:17:35 AM
I hate it. I don't want to get used to it. This evening I format my computer, create a C: FAT partition with best os ever created (MSDOS 6.22) and install xp on a second NTFS partition.
You surely are determined to run stunts in DOS mode! I hope you have that determintaion when it comes to racing too. But you'll have to get used to DOSBox if you're planning to take part in 'Feel the thrill' (Is that correct, Krys? I can't remeber exactly right now). as you need DOSBox to record your racing and send the video to Krys.
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Simon82

Quote from: Chulk on December 22, 2007, 05:02:04 AM
Quote from: Simon82 on December 21, 2007, 11:17:35 AM
You surely are determined to run stunts in DOS mode! I hope you have that determintaion when it comes to racing too. But you'll have to get used to DOSBox if you're planning to take part in 'Feel the thrill' (Is that correct, Krys? I can't remeber exactly right now). as you need DOSBox to record your racing and send the video to Krys.
What about an external video made by a camera?

The problem is that in this moment I've no computers that boot in dos with fat partition... But maybe I've the solution using an old 486SX 33Mhz just for this cause. ;D

Mark L. Rivers

zaqrack

and a great website ;)

Simon82

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 22, 2007, 05:08:08 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 21, 2007, 10:43:13 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EF3kDcDV_X

...and CTG also appears, muhahahahaha!!! ;D

...and here only two fingers...  ;)

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9A_7gqmPQ
Hi italian ;D

Excellent race! You rock but I don't understand... lot of corner taken with 4th gear, my indy skid..  :P

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Simon82 on December 22, 2007, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on December 22, 2007, 05:08:08 PM
Quote from: CTG on December 21, 2007, 10:43:13 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EF3kDcDV_X

...and CTG also appears, muhahahahaha!!! ;D

...and here only two fingers...  ;)

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=5l9A_7gqmPQ
Hi italian ;D

Excellent race! You rock but I don't understand... lot of corner taken with 4th gear, my indy skid..  :P

Thanks Simon82, even if I think we are still quite far from the excellence...
About your trouble turning with 4th gear... I think you have to change your guide style...  Check again the video watching the blue point on top of the steering...  ;)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: Chulkyou'll have to get used to DOSBox if you're planning to take part in 'Feel the thrill' (Is that correct, Krys? I can't remeber exactly right now). as you need DOSBox to record your racing and send the video to Krys.
This is correct. ;)

Quote from: Simon82
What about an external video made by a camera?
I can accept that too if image quality is not too poor. And I remind you all that game replay will also be needed. ;)

Chulk

NoRH in default is NoRH + No Shortcuts? What does OWOOT mean? My guess is One Whell On or Over the Track, but Mark cuts the corkscrew so it's not "follow the yellow line" rule. Just to make sure I don't mess the scoreboard.

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on December 23, 2007, 08:39:57 PM
NoRH in default is NoRH + No Shortcuts? What does OWOOT mean? My guess is One Whell On or Over the Track, but Mark cuts the corkscrew so it's not "follow the yellow line" rule. Just to make sure I don't mess the scoreboard.

You're probably right, NoRH + no shortcuts is more proper terminology than OWOOT, not only due to the corkscrew but more importantly due to the fast chicane after that corner at ~0:40. On the old Default topic BJ and the others used to make use of the wording "follow the road" but I'm not fully sure about what they intended with that...

Chulk

OK then. I'll race a bit and send a replay before Christmas.