News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Sent replays analysis

Started by alanrotoi, November 05, 2021, 04:34:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

You know guys we are in the 11th race of the year and we have 10 days left to send more replays. Also there is the last track waiting for more replays. According to the stats we sent this year 1017 replays. If the time left until the end of the year goes in the same way 2021 will be in the podium of all time zakstunts seasons participation. It is one of the more prolific seasons ever from many points of view. And still there is more than a month left.

http://zak.stunts.hu/index.php?page=statreplay

dreadnaut

But please don't start spamming replays just to increase the numbers. I have a delete button, and I'm not afraid to use it ;D

Duplode

That's a nice figure! 2021 is first season with 1000+ replays since 2009.

A tangential note: I find it curious how ZakStunts seems to evolve in seven year cycles. I originally chose to arrange the ZakStunts races in the Competition Archive in subdirectories with seven seasons each for technical reasons (keeping the number of files per directory below 256), but over time that division got to look more and more appropriate:

• ZSC, 2001-2007: early days and the Golden Generation era; origin stories and the consolidation of the core tenets of competition racing, up to the 2007 crash.
  • ZSC2, 2008-2014: the car bonus system; a revival culminating in Z100, followed by a decline in activity and a further recovery, leading to the chaotic 2014 season.
  • ZSC3, 2015-2021: adoption of public replays and the GAR scoreboard; steady work done through the quieter seasons to reach the fine place we are now.
Come 2022, we are looking at the most substantial amendments to the rules in many years, and there is a new generation of pipsqueaks claiming their place. To tie back to the original topic, if we are indeed at the cusp of a new era in ZakStunts history, that's an auspicious way to move into it  :)

Cas

It really is amazing how the community keeps having new peaks and continues to produce new features and ideas. Looks like we never get old! :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on November 05, 2021, 10:43:38 PM

• ZSC, 2001-2007: early days and the Golden Generation era; origin stories and the consolidation of the core tenets of competition racing, up to the 2007 crash.
  • ZSC2, 2008-2014: the car bonus system; a revival culminating in Z100, followed by a decline in activity and a further recovery, leading to the chaotic 2014 season.
  • ZSC3, 2015-2021: adoption of public replays and the GAR scoreboard; steady work done through the quieter seasons to reach the fine place we are now.
Come 2022, we are looking at the most substantial amendments to the rules in many years, and there is a new generation of pipsqueaks claiming their place. To tie back to the original topic, if we are indeed at the cusp of a new era in ZakStunts history, that's an auspicious way to move into it  :)

Interesting notes! There are many things to take in mind to mark an era but I'll only say that 2007 season was the worst by far. Only 9 tracks, weird rules every track, only few pipsqueaks per track. Then 2008 changed everything, zakstunts reborn in a better way.

zaqrack

2001-2014 naturally has a lot of parallels with my life.

2001-2003: fresh out of high school, new friends, getting totally disillusioned in becoming an engineer, not giving a shit on life&future, so lots of time on hobbies
2004-2007: settling at college, focus on studies and girls instead of hobbies. I did not check in detail but assume my relationship status had a huge impact on time spent on the competition. 2007 was my last year at college, while I was working on my thesis I was already working in parallel at two workplaces and my future wife moved to live with me, so...
2008-2009: stable relationship, eventually getting married, while not caring and eventually failing at my first (boring) workplace plenty of creative energy to direct elsewhere - results very visible :)
2010-2011: having a baby and a super stress-free new work I enjoyed a lot more, so I could sustain the 2008-2009 results with relatively little efforts
2011-2014: China years, lots of hard work plus time zone difference and internet issues gradually drowned my energy and interest in ZakStunts
2015-2016: Back to Hungary, picking up old threads. However, becoming a manager at work and having three kids makes it harder and harder to invest time in ZakStunts but thanks to dreadnaut I could focus my time on racing instead of managing.
2017 onwards: full time managerial position, three kids, founding and managing a kindergarten and a school and gradually cutting my screen time beyond worktime to zero - I'm really just lurking around but am super happy to see the community thriving :)

since 2015 I am really just lurking around :)

KyLiE

Quote from: zaqrack on November 18, 2021, 04:21:57 PM
since 2015 I am really just lurking around :)

It's great to hear from you and just remember that whenever you are active in the community, it definitely doesn't go unnoticed! :)

alanrotoi

Finished season 2021 we can say some statistics: This season "only" had 33 pipsqueaks but finished 3rd in participation. We were so active. Individually from pipsqueaks it was the most participative season ever

• Season 2005: 63 pipsqueaks sent in 1365 replays on the 12 tracks. Average per pipsqueak: 21.66 replays
  • Season 2009: 42 pipsqueaks sent in 1156 replays on the 12 tracks. Average per pipsqueak: 27.52 replays
  • Season 2021: 33 pipsqueaks sent in 1113 replays on the 12 tracks. Average per pipsqueak: 33.72 replays
  • Season 2004: 39 pipsqueaks sent in 1041 replays on the 13 tracks. Average per pipsqueak: 26.69 replays

I have the feeling 2002 and 2003 were even more active seasons but I don't know where is the data about sent replays quantity.

dreadnaut

Quote from: alanrotoi on December 12, 2021, 03:42:33 AM
I have the feeling 2002 and 2003 were even more active seasons but I don't know where is the data about sent replays quantity.

I don't think we have that data anymore :(  For 2001-2003 we only have the final replays for each pipsqueak.