News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

track element renaming suggestion.

Started by Daniel3D, July 01, 2021, 12:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Quote from: Cas on July 04, 2021, 12:13:49 AM
I remember very well when Stunts was brought to me. Like Alan Rotoi said, here original copies were virtually non-existing back then, in 1993 when I had my new 386. It was brand new and I only had DOS 5.0 and QuickBasic 4.5 on it. A friend of mine, whom I'd talked with about my new PC, had offered to come to my house to bring some games, so he came with a big box full of 5.25" floppies. One of the games he copied to me was Stunts and it definitely is one of my favourite ones of that set, if not "the" one. I still call that set of games "the first wave" and they are special to me. Even my friend had a copy of the game that had had some modifications.

What about the other games? Do you remember?

Cas

Yes... among the first wave games, I'm sure the following were included:
- Street Rod I (which I already new from my uncle's computer)
- Prince of Persia I
- Arkanoid II - The Revenge of DoH
- Sokoban
- Jill of the Jungle

And these I'm pretty sure were there as well:
- Risky Woods (shareware version)
- Prehistorik I
- Hard Drivin' II

Some of these probably were there but I may have gotten them later as well:
- Blues Brothers I
- Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dukeofurl

Doesn't Hard Drivin II have a track editor? It's like a worse version of stunts, which is kind of funny because it seems to me that Stunts was probably inspired in part by the arcade version of Hard Drivin.

Cas

Yes, Hard Drivin' includes a track editor that's sequential. Before I met Stunts, I had seen the arcade Hard Drivin'. I remember it had the then unique feature that the steering wheel would move on its own following the demo when you were not playing. It was a very curious thing. When I got Stunts, it reminded me of that Hard Drivin'.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.