News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Source code for Stunts tools by The NAILWOOD Company

Started by Mark Nailwood, June 02, 2021, 02:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Nailwood

Sorry for the delay, I was distracted by some work in the world outside Stunts during the last weeks.

Well, I had a look into some of my current external and backup HDDs, but was not able to find anything. Not really surprising, as I didn't do any Turbo Pascal development since the last changes of my Stunts tools almost a quarter of a century ago. :-\
Guess I will have to dig into my storage of old HDDs. Let's hope they are still working. ::)

Just found the adapter to connect them to USB. This shall be the work for my next evenings. Will let you know if I found anything (or not).

llm

Quote from: Mark Nailwood on July 28, 2021, 10:28:23 AM
Just found the adapter to connect them to USB. This shall be the work for my next evenings. Will let you know if I found anything (or not).

The force is strong in you, young Mark Nailwood ;)

Mark Nailwood

Unfortunately, I cannot find the power supply for the external HDD adapter.  :-[  I'm now at my weekend house, which is currently under renovation, so some items have just been packed away somewhere. But in a few days I'll visit my apartment, and there I'll have another power adapter. Then may the force be with my old hard drives (that they are still working), and let's hope that they contain the needed code packages.

Cas

That reminds me of when I suddenly realised that I had to backup my old diskettes before it was too late. It was a big box and it took me some time. Some of them were indeed broken already; others responded after several attempt and in some cases, I had to apply "fixes" to partially downloaded files. But in the end, I recovered most of the information I had there :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

I had such moment in 2003. I uploaded everything that was important to me at that time.

It was, nothing more than, a site rip of JTK his stunts site.
Because at that moment it was te only stunts source know to me and I didn't want to lose it.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Mark Nailwood

Sorry for the (again) very long delay. I tried all my old hard drives, but was not able to locate the needed packages on any of them. Apparently I never installed the development environment after having migrated from my 486 I used during my studies of computer science to my first Pentium. I could not even find any floppy discs with the packages.
Strange that it is not possible to find it in some internet archives.

Cas

:(  That's sad. Yeah, in those times, things were so great as regards software that we wouldn't think our stuff would be so valuable in the future. I lost the first set of little programs I made when I started programming. Nobody thought they'd be wanted one day at that time. Now I'd like to see what my first steps were.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

llm

Very sad, maybe it not to hard to replace the missing stuff, will have a look whats missing in detail

Duplode

Quote from: Mark Nailwood on June 02, 2021, 09:55:39 PMI remember we had to add a package called "Topaz" to our Turbo Pascal installation, and there was something like "sayget4", but I also could not find any download so far.

Looks like it is Topaz indeed, Mark! The Topaz 4 manual available from this page mentions all the functions @llm listed earlier, with the right parameters even. I couldn't find any trace of the library itself either, though the company that developed it might still be in business. Maybe I should try dropping them a line...

Daniel3D

Quote from: Duplode on February 08, 2023, 04:50:04 AM
Quote from: Mark Nailwood on June 02, 2021, 09:55:39 PMI remember we had to add a package called "Topaz" to our Turbo Pascal installation, and there was something like "sayget4", but I also could not find any download so far.

Looks like it is Topaz indeed, Mark! The Topaz 4 manual available from this page mentions all the functions @llm listed earlier, with the right parameters even. I couldn't find any trace of the library itself either, though the company that developed it might still be in business. Maybe I should try dropping them a line...
I found a trace at the village computer lab.
Dropped them a message. Maybe the are willing to help.
Link to their inventory
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: Daniel3D on February 08, 2023, 09:08:09 AM
Quote from: Duplode on February 08, 2023, 04:50:04 AM

I found a trace at the village computer lab.
Dropped them a message. Maybe the are willing to help.
Link to their inventory
They can't due to copyright. But they have it . So we're half way there..
Edison once said,
---------
---------