News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts newbie in need of critics and suggestions for track making

Started by taufan99, April 04, 2024, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spoonboy

Quote from: Duplode on April 13, 2024, 06:11:24 AMBy the way, it turns out that the gap jump towards the bridge at the north is not only accepted by the game's track validation, but it also is quite doable even with the LM002!

Haha excellent! Thanks for checking 🤣

Duplode

To be fair, the LM002 has a significant advantage there due to its good grip on ice. To make it thornier, switch to the Carrera or, harder still, the Thunderbird. (I think I have a reliable strategy for the former, but couldn't make it work yet for the latter.)

Quote from: taufan99 on April 09, 2024, 10:57:24 AM
Quote from: Cas on April 08, 2024, 08:50:28 PMIf you enjoy track making, we can find a slot for one of your tracks to be in a race. In ZakStunts, we normally reserve these slots at the beginning of the year, so they're all taken this time, but in Race For Kicks, we still can make it. Only you have to take into account it's OWOOT (see https://wiki.stunts.hu/wiki/OWOOT) when designing the track. In live races, maybe, you could also get to post a track, although those are special too.
I'll consider, but no exact promises as I've also been busy modding other games, alongside real-life responsibilities and such. Sounds like an interesting challenge, though, if not a bit complicated (due to the jumps and bumps in track variations that I know of).

Designing for OWOOT races is arguably an easier way to get started, as the rules mean you don't have to plan for shortcuts or the wilder tricks. By the way, your Mandalika track from the opening post is a nice one! It's well-paced, and has some tricky combos that help to keep it interesting all the way. Here goes a Jaguar no-shortcuts demo run  :)

taufan99

@Duplode, thanks a lot for both the Mecha-Kucha track fix and your Mandalika demo run! I'll check these out soon.