News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Toyota Corolla AE92 GTi

Started by Zapper, July 23, 2010, 07:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapper

Hi stunts lovers,

Years ago i had played intensively this good old game, and as any good game, it remains good all time long. Back in 2002 play a little with modding the cars, correcting engine specs to real models, creating "Zapper's Car Pack".
A few days ago, i went here to get some news about the game and any thing around it, specially game mods or editors. I was surprised with the develppment of new editors for it!
Realizing that, I bring back a dream I have when I play this game long time ago, to get one of my favourite cars in the game. So I used Stress and Anim8or to create a 3d model and cockpit to a 88' Toyota Corolla Gti taking Acura NSX as a base.

The result I think is very good, since the 3d rendering is simple as create polys the best results can be archieved relatively easy.
And the final work is here to share with the community.
Feel free to use or edit.

Some previews:

The car files ready to unpack on the game folder are on attach

PS: The  car's speedometer is converted to Km/h

zaqrack

:o

looks awesome! A very strong candidate to be inlcuded in the official cars for 2011 - will have to test it previosly a bit, but judgning from your past work I guess there should not be any problems with it. :)

Zapper

Thanks Zak!
It has been tunned the in terms of engine and gear ratios to mach real specs, but not for the front wheel drive has it should.
I would like to have some feedback about grip from who use this car, to get it perfect ;)
I had in mind to create an 86 Corolla Gt AE86, since it whould fit more likely on rear wheel drive that is natively supperted by Stunts.

CTG

everybody appears with new cars

zaqrack

I am just off the racetrack and really like the car. Totally realistic, and finally someone was brave enough to design the slowest car in Stunts. The grip is appropriate and enjoyable. A sure choice for 2011 :)

If you do the AE86 Corolla, make sure to somehow reproduce its real-life grip characteristics to allow drifting. I wonder if it is possible in Stunts :)

Duplode

Yay, very cool - extra Japanese cars are always welcome :) I am going to upload it to Southern Cross anytime soon...

P.S.: Taking advantage of the opportunity: Zapper, do you remember any info on how the Stunts sound samples are encoded from your work on engine FX modding? We would be immensely grateful for any attempts of illuminating our speculations on the subject...

Zapper

I'm pleased to notice that this car has being well accept :)

About AE86 i also think that i can make it drift, since stunts allows other cars to do so, like Lamborghini Countach on slow corners for example.

About engine sound editing, i will start a new topic about that.
Thanks for your suggestion Duplode.

Cheers

Overdrijf

If it were up to me I'dd pobably use your other toyota fo a competition rather than this one. That's because the trueno feels slow but sportsy, with the whole corner skidding thing going for it. This one, while being almost as fast as the other, feels slow but not so sportsy. It feels balanced and well designed, but it has a bit ofa boring ring to it, it's a bit too normal and realistic for my taste, whereas the other one (for which I may have been a bit harsh yesterday) feels like it could be fun, maxing out the way of sliding through every obstacle. As for the Corolla: it's a very nice piece of work, but a bit of a slow ride for my taste I'm affraid...

Zapper

Thanks Overdrijf for your opinion!

I agree with you, as stunts car, the AE86 is more fun in deed.
I create cars with simulation in mind so there's no way this car could be fast compared with all others. Anyway I'm happy to get it in the game, although it is FWD.

Overdrijf

Quote from: zapper on August 23, 2010, 08:25:50 PM
Thanks Overdrijf for your opinion!

I agree with you, as stunts car, the AE86 is more fun in deed.
I create cars with simulation in mind
Good point.
Quoteso there's no way this car could be fast compared with all others. Anyway I'm happy to get it in the game, although it is FWD.
Good point too.

Anyway, I enjoyed testing it, it's nice to see people are making new cars.