News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

UnskilledStunts League

Started by CTG, June 05, 2007, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark L. Rivers

I've just make less large my gap from CTG (CTG, check your mail!  ;)) and now I'm going to work for my goal, that is my best...

Duplode

Reply to website news: CTG, I don't think there should be Online Help here (and for the rest of USL) beyond those tips. The gaps are large mainly because most people either hate or are not used to the car, and the ones who have less trouble with it are getting great times faster. Car differences are, after all, part of what makes each of those matches so peculiar (as most drivers are expected to have deep trouble for at least one race)... in other words, give us more three days  ;)

CTG

Okay... but my hints will stay in the forum. ;)

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on June 21, 2007, 01:49:27 PM
Reply to website news: CTG, I don't think there should be Online Help here (and for the rest of USL) beyond those tips. The gaps are large mainly because most people either hate or are not used to the car, and the ones who have less trouble with it are getting great times faster. Car differences are, after all, part of what makes each of those matches so peculiar (as most drivers are expected to have deep trouble for at least one race)... in other words, give us more three days  ;)

I'm totally agree.  :)

Chulk

So do I though I'm still over 1:06
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Chulk

OK, after harder racing I just sent my 1:03.35 but I have a doubt: is deadline extended for 3 more days or not?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Chulk on June 22, 2007, 06:00:58 AM
OK, after harder racing I just sent my 1:03.35 but I have a doubt: is deadline extended for 3 more days or not?

I think Duplode means that an help in firsts 3 days is quite inopportune.
As I told in the recent and old past, I'm sure agree with him. I think that a race is a "place" where challengers can measure themselves each other, and I think that the large part of them want to reach their best not thanks to an help from ouside, but finding it inside them, availing all own experience and ability, striving to find the best way. But when an help is available, the race is wrested, because a driver thought that others will see it, and so, if he won't see it, he will be disadvantaged, racing with an "handicap". And when the race will be finished, all best drivers, the winner too (even if maybe he didn't see the help...), will have to thank (silently) the "helper" for their results.
I don't like this. I prefer congratulate the winner after the finish of the race, when I will see his replay and I will see what he has made his great result, learning so for the next race.

CTG

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on June 22, 2007, 08:15:06 AM
Quote from: Chulk on June 22, 2007, 06:00:58 AM

I think Duplode means that an help in firsts 3 days is quite inopportune.
As I told in the recent and old past, I'm sure agree with him. I think that a race is a "place" where challengers can measure themselves each other, and I think that the large part of them want to reach their best not thanks to an help from ouside, but finding it inside them, availing all own experience and ability, striving to find the best way. But when an help is available, the race is wrested, because a driver thought that others will see it, and so, if he won't see it, he will be disadvantaged, racing with an "handicap". And when the race will be finished, all best drivers, the winner too (even if maybe he didn't see the help...), will have to thank (silently) the "helper" for their results.
I don't like this. I prefer congratulate the winner after the finish of the race, when I will see his replay and I will see what he has made his great result, learning so for the next race.

I see your point. Let's say I'll modify the YouTube online helps to F4 view without dashboard in USC, no help for USL. :) Or the other possibility: I'll publish my video helps only in the last few days of each USC races. It's quite important for some slower or less experienced drivers to learn the right way. You still have the option not to watch it. And who said that my ways are the best??? Surely you can improve with other tricks too.

CTG

Deadline: sunday. You have 2 days 13 hours and 40 minutes left. :)

Chulk

OK, so no deadline extension.

CTG

Next week's track is available here - prepare with your Audi Quattro for a great challenge in Dubai (ZCT 13 retro version)! Bonzai Joe's winning time from 2002 (1:02.25) will be the ethalone.

CTG

Clarification of the rules: there are no official quiet days, I just said there won't be updates on Saturday and Sunday (usually), because I'm at home. This weekend I stayed in Budapest so I have the internet connection and the possibility of update.

Duplode

What a contrast between Audi and Countach! Too bad I, in all likelihood, won't be able to race Dubai seriously untill near the end of the week...

Krys TOFF

Quote from: DuplodeWhat a contrast between Audi and Countach!
Sure, Audi is easy handling car for everyone while Countach is a deliciously difficult car dedicated to experts ("experts" means under 1 minute at Havana track). ;D
It will be hard for me versus CTG I fear... ::)

Krys TOFF

Message for Duplode : after SDR racing this morning, USL racing was this afternoon (a few) and right now (much more).
Get prepared for a hard duel, my yellow Countach is finally ready for margic carpets. ;D