News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Permanent competition

Started by Bonzai Joe, February 23, 2002, 02:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonzai Joe

Roy and I think that it is a bit dissatisfying in the permanent compeition that no one (except Zak) ever gets to see the replays. The best part of a competition is always to see the other people's replays. So we thought maybe (and I am talking about both Zak's site and the ISA site) that you could send out the best replay for each track every month or something. Sounds fair?

zaqrack

OK, if once a month should do it, I`ll post out the best ones in a separate archive every month`s 15. This month it`ll be this day.  Sounds good?

Zak

Argammon

IMO the idea is very questionable.

All it does is that the drivers who don't have the lead on a certain track try to copy ' the winning replay.

And I'm not talking about 'tricks' or special stunts! they may even copy how the 'leader' drove every single corner.

If you don't believe me I will pick out one of the tracks after Zak published the replays and prove that it opens all doors to cheating.

I drove all the last 6th monthly competitions and of course have a better time than the winning time.Why? Because I know the winning time,winning replay and can add my own strengh's to it.

The only reason that the replays in the monthly competition are made available is that the competition is CLOSED and thus there can't be any 'cheating' .But the permanent competition is -PERMANENT-

Please consider this...

Shortcuts aren'T cheating (ISA ....) Replays are..

roywiegerinck

I hope many people will vote Yes, because then the perm. tracks will maxed out and the times will not separate much from each other. This will make it more exciting !

Anonymous

You wrote: "Shortcuts aren'T cheating (ISA ....) Replays are.."

we say: Shortcuts aren?t Stunts. Little shortcuts inside(!) the track are ok, but not such big ones like on the ZCT10 last month. This was just disgusting, and had nothing to do with Stunts-driving.  

And of course we hate replay-handling too, but in difference to shortcuts you can?t prevent it. If there would be an objective way to see it, if a pipsqueak uses it or not, it would be not allowed on our site.  

Argammon

@Roy : I guess you have not read what I posted or else I don't see how you can find cheating exciting.

If I would have a record on the permanent time and you would copy it to 'max it out' I would be pissed  

@Pershing:

Well you can like it or not,but if you try to be see it from a more objective point of view you *could* realize it is exactly the same 'race' at the end of the month like on tracks w/o shortcuts. (it wasn't even a shortcut just power gear)

If everyone would find the best way through the track times would be close (only 0,2 sec last month!)together and it would be a real race in the end.

controlling the car with 245 mph is really difficult!

IMO it's the drivers fault if he does not find the best way.....

zaqrack

Yes, replay handling sux.  

But it has a great advantage.

Imagine there isn`t replay handling. You play 2 hour of stunts in the weekend, weekdays you haven`t got time. You succesfully finish the track max. 7-8 times in this time, if it`s a hard one. There is a competitor of yours. He plays 2 hours daily. He may be a weaker driver, but he`ll have better times, because he has MUCH more time.

So absolute no replay handling would not be a solution too. I think that there would be 2 ways, to make it perfect, if we could prevent replay handling. One is a really short track, about 1 min, and absolute no rep. handling. That`s good for the indy, but it`d really boring with other cars.

And my dream: auto-replay handling. You have a 2min long track, and stunts saves your replay after the 40th and the 80th sec. If you crash, you can continue from there, but not from elsewhere. And the track designer could make "save points", depending of the difficulty. Oh, dreams...  

Btw, my idea is for the permanent comp, that closed track`s replays are public, and open track`s aren`t. If you want a shortcut, find it out yourself, but if you want the rpl to improve your driving, sthere you are.  

Zak

Anonymous

Hey Argammon,

1. if everybody would... then we would have peace on earth.

2. You wrote: "(it wasn't even a shortcut just power gear)"

No comment to such a nonsens.

Bonzai Joe

Who cares about the actual meaning of the word, we all know what it means.

I don't think one should blame people for using short cuts when they are there, but I agree it has only little to do with Stunts.

Bonzai Joe

It would be nice if people would actually vote here, not just argue or read.

Regards

Anonymous

I?m for the publication of replays.

CTG

I know its an old topic, but I really interested in it. On the first hand I think its not so good to publicate the best replay. But on the other hand I wonder how could the leaders drive so fast. I suggest not to publicate replays but winners should make a track review or a map with arrows (which show you the best way). If somebody is not so good in this game, he'll be able to go a nice time, but he won't brake the record (he's not enough talented to do it).