News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Fiat Uno (Ladder Edition)

Started by Erik Barros, August 29, 2024, 11:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erik Barros

With great joy I announce my first custom car. This is the Fiat Uno, a legendary version with a ladder attached to the roof. Thanks to @alanrotoi and @Duplode who helped me throughout the process, thanks to Ryoma who provided a good tutorial on how to create shapes and to @Zapper for the tips with CarEdit3.

You cannot view this attachment.

alanrotoi

Oh yes!! What a great car! Please Explain the myth about the ladder on the roof. It's my favourite part hehe.

dreadnaut

Is it the 800hp version? ;D

Text should probably say "A ladder on the roof", rather than ceiling.

Spoonboy

I wasn't aware of the myth, but now I am those stats make perfect sense!  ;D
It is a fun drive, though with that suspension (and the ladder on top!) I feel like it should be leaning out around the turns more?

But best of all is...I can see my hands on the wheel! So cool  8)

Erik Barros

Quote from: alanrotoi on August 30, 2024, 12:29:07 AMOh yes!! What a great car! Please Explain the myth about the ladder on the roof. It's my favourite part hehe.

1 - Fiat Uno (pronounced oono, aka Uno Mille) have been among the least expensive cars to buy and maintain in Brazil, since their release in the 1980s, having become extremely popular in the 1990s. Because of that, they've become the car of choice for cable companies to equip their servicemen with.
2 - Because the cable infrastructure in Brazil is almost entirely aerial (as in, stretched and hanging from pole to pole), these servicemen need their ladders, which go on top of the Uno, to work on the suspended cables
3 - Given a huge amount of service calls to attend to, and a lack of concern for the Uno's well-being, cable company servicemen tend to rush and weave through traffic like madmen.
4 - This has given rise to the myth (and internet meme) that equipping an Uno with a roof ladder will make it the fastest car in the planet.

I found this description in better words than I could write. From Reiza Forum

Just as an addendum to the text, the Uno is very famous for its offroad capabilities, I made a simple launch video where I show a little about the myth.

https://youtu.be/hguqKCayA3E

Erik Barros

Quote from: dreadnaut on August 30, 2024, 12:44:04 AMIs it the 800hp version? ;D

I had to limit the statistics, it would be an unbeatable car if close to the real thing.  8)

Quote from: dreadnaut on August 30, 2024, 12:44:04 AMText should probably say "A ladder on the roof", rather than ceiling.

Uops... Fixed  ;D

Erik Barros

Quote from: Spoonboy on August 30, 2024, 01:13:06 AMI wasn't aware of the myth, but now I am those stats make perfect sense!  ;D
It is a fun drive, though with that suspension (and the ladder on top!) I feel like it should be leaning out around the turns more?

But best of all is...I can see my hands on the wheel! So cool  8)

I'm glad you liked it, on youtube you can find Uno winning some drag races. I had the idea of drawing the ladder on the dashboard, but I'm terrible at editing images, this car was edited with a lot of workarounds.

Erik Barros

Frieshansen

Cas

Been trying it while practising the track for today's race. It's quite enjoyable to drive!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

The car's parameter window from Carworks.
You cannot view this attachment.

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Zapper

Congratulations @Erik Barros for bringing this little Fiat!

The idea of the ladder is quite original.  It's asking for a wiki article wiki article to tell all about :D

You're welcome. Also thanks for keeping that myth alive even in Stunts ;)