News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Need For Speed

Started by Mingva, November 02, 2004, 06:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I'll never pay a software ?30!! That's crazy!  :? Definitely they are overvalued.

Mingva

QuoteDefinitely they are overvalued.
Some games, yes. The first original game I bought was Starcraft + Broodwar (cost 25 euros). Then last and this year bought some old and quite cheap original games, only for StarTrek: Birth of Federation I spent $20+shipping. Now I have 5 games in dvd case (+3 should arrive this week) and 3 games in big boxes.
Although I'm not playing some of those games for a long time now, but it have a place in my leisure history :) It's like collectibles now :D

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "alanrotoi"I'll never pay a software ?30!! That's crazy!  :? Definitely they are overvalued.
It depends how many money you earn per month. How much is the minimum salary in Argentina (converted in euros) ? In France, minimum salary is around 1000 euros. I earn around twice than that, so 30 euros is acceptable, knowing that I buy a game like that only once a year.
In 2003 it was TrackMania, in 2004 it was TOCA pipsqueak Driver 2, and in 2005 will be TrackMania Sunrise. :D

But, to be honest, I paid TrackMania 30 euros but that's the 2nd most expensive game I ever bought (only TOCA pipsqueak Driver 2 was more expensive).
Most games I bought were under 15 euros.
But majority of games I have are not originals.

Argentino Rotoi

I earn about ?222/month and soon I'll earn ?277/month ( I should work 10 month to buy only the ticket to fly to europe :?) and if I found a game I like it is not a problem the price but the fun mostly.
Today I bought a $700 computer so it killed my wallet :) I will buy a lot of games to play with the new PC in the nearly future. ;)

zaqrack

huh 700$ for a computer, our 4 computers working at home aren't worth that much :)
I hope its running fine and you'll have some great replays :D

alanrotoi

Actually I'll use the old computer (a Pentium 200mhz, 32mb RAM) for abandonware games and stunts competitions. The new computer will be used for internet, site managing and modern games and maybe Ultima Online which will take me a lot of time.
And both will be used for LAN matches in Doom, Rise of the triad, Civ II, Need For Speed, etc :)

Krys TOFF

Quote from: "alanrotoi"Actually I'll use the old computer (a Pentium 200mhz, 32mb RAM) for abandonware games and stunts competitions. The new computer will be used for internet, site managing and modern games and maybe Ultima Online which will take me a lot of time.
And both will be used for LAN matches in Doom, Rise of the triad, Civ II, Need For Speed, etc :)

Nice, lucky guy. :)
I hope it will help you to update Isengard's scoreboard. :twisted:

Quote from: "alanrotoi"I earn about ?222/month and soon I'll earn ?277/month
Okay, I understand that 30 euros is quite much for you then. :shock:
Compared to how much I earn, it would mean a game cost around 250-280 euros ! :shock: Of course, I'll never ever pay that much for any game. :x

Mingva

My salary is similar to rotoi's: 240 euros. And what about my PC, it costed 1200 euros :)

alanrotoi

Yes and when they pay me they give me Pesos, a sub-valued currency :? I would like to receive Euros or Dollar but it's impossible, of course :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

250-300 Euro is the average Hungarian salary I think. My mother earns around this value, my father a bit more.

My computer here, in Debrecen cost around 500 Euros 4 years ago, now I think its value is around 200 Euros (or less).

My computer at home, in Kazincbarcika cost around 500 Euros last Christmas, now its value is a bit less.
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Usrin

Quote from: "Akoss Poo"My computer here, in Debrecen cost around 500 Euros 4 years ago, now I think its value is around 200 Euros (or less). My computer at home, in Kazincbarcika cost around 500 Euros last Christmas, now its value is a bit less.
Two computers for such high prices... Akoss Poo, you're bourgeois. :) (But not only you, as I read.)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

zaqrack

Hungarian average salary is now cuurently around 550EUR, in the capital 670EUR before taxes, after taxes and fees it's around 330 and 400

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: "zaqrack"Hungarian average salary is now cuurently around 550EUR, in the capital 670EUR before taxes, after taxes and fees it's around 330 and 400

Well you are overstating I think Zak! I don't think I'm such poor. Your values mentioned looks horribly high. Usrin?

Usrin: my bike cost 110 Euros 6 years ago (with current Euro-forint transfer rate, so 27 600 HUF). And yours? Who is bourgeois? :P
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

Usrin

But I think "average salary" and "salary of an average person" is not the same, the second is somewhere around Akoss' data. A few very high salaries - around a few 1000 euros - can make the average much higher, but that means nothing. We should rather watch the median of data (that means 50% of people have higher and 50% have lower salary than it). I think it won't be above 300 euros, neither in the capital... (after taxes, etc.)

Usrin

My bike costed 41900 HUF 3 years ago. Considering inflation, that's not a big difference. But I have only one computer (Celeron 433, 96 MB RAM), its value is surely less than 200 EUR. So, who's bourgeois?
Forever Bourgeois Pensioners! :D